Something else to worry about.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Having progressed fron gallbladder removal in April I woke up this morning to find a soft lump in my groin. Dr says it is a hernia and needs surgery. Here we go again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh Maggie,

It never ends does it?

My husband had a gallstone attack at the weekend and has to go on the low fat diet. They are doing another liver function test and he has to attend the hospital as an outpatient to discuss the best way forward for him.He is already on a cocktail of drugs after his heart attack last year.Maybe it is this hernia that is causing you to have your intestinal problems. You never know best to get it sorted anyway. Let us know how you get on .

Good Luck,

Jean

• Posted

gemini - i feel your pain and frustation, 12 months following my open op i got a cold which turned into a chest infection and noticed a lump in my op area on coughing - i hoped it would resolve but it did not... by the time i saw a dr it was beggining to get painfull ( i did not see a dr sooner as i did not feel ready for further surgery) too much too soon!! the day i saw my dr was my parents wedding aniversary and we were meeting as a family to celebrate and as my parents were leaving on the holiday of a lifetime, the next day, i felt i could not say anything about being reffered for further surgery untill they had returned . .. my parents were horrified i said nothing before they left ... it all turned out fine in the end and i had my incisional herernia repaired over a year ago - but at the time you do feel why me, is this going to be never ending!!!

hang on in there - i know it is difficult to find out you will be facing surgery so soon after the last lot - but it will be better treated than left.

all the best

vix

• Posted

Thanks so much, Vixen,for your kind words and consistent support to forum members.

My GP did a least explain that the vomiting was due to an unforgiving gullet (due to the Barrett's and it's dislike of hard foods) and something I will have to live with. At least someone has bothered to tell me now what to expect. Of course vomiting has contributed to the hernia. This will be my second one. I had my naval hernia operated on in 1997. I have soft muscles and thin tissues internally.

Yes, I do feel \"what next\" but as long as I come out ok the other end that is all that matters and I weigh much less now than I have over the last 40 years. I have a supportive hubbie who will watch my every move.

Thanks again. Hope you are keeping well

• Posted

Hi everyone. Just an update. On Monday I saw the surgeon who took out my gallbladder re my lump in the groin. It is a femoral hernia and I am scheduled for surgery on th 30th December. Oh joy. It should be just as a day case. He said to expect pain for a week and then gradual lessening over the following weeks.

Just felt as though I was getting on my feet and now have to face more recovery. Good job I have supportive hubbie.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.