Something Heavy Feeling in my Chest

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this is Arthur, I was diagnosed last May with GERD from then on, Im always taking my meds and making sure not to take triggering foods. Here's actually the story about it. I rushed into the hospital at the end of May because I felt something unsual in my chest. It's like aching with burning sensation that reflects on my shoulder, neck and my left arm was numb. I was thinking that time that it has something to do with my heart. After some questions that the doctor did, some physical exam like pressing on some parts of my chest and abdomen they concluded it was GERD. Btw. They also did an ECG and they said it resulted normanl as they said. But lately Im feeling something heavy in my chest. Though Im not experiencing difficulty breathing to the extent. It has been like 2 days already, sometimes it's there sometimes not. Does anyone here who has a gerd experience this kind of thing also. Im really nervous. Im actually planning to make another doctors appointment next week but at least I wanna hear some other's point of view or experience first.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the same symptoms, I had bunch of tests , everything fine ., Dr said take Pepcid Complete and symptoms improved., I only have pain when I excercise.

Also Dr told me not eat past 6 pm , avoid tomatoes, peppers , dairy products and fruits ., 

Good luck and check the Pepcid Complete with your Dr . 

• Posted

I have exact same symptoms and have been to A&E in a few occasions thinking it was my heart due to left arm pain !!!but all tests ecg echo bloods lung function etc have come back fine , I'm currently trying omeprozole but isn't really helping but the heavy sensation is there alot but I think me getting anxious about it contributes to tension and makes my symptoms worse ...it's hardly unlikely we all have same symptoms for months and it's anything serious after being checked out 😆

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.