Something in my throat

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello all,

Do any of you ever get this feeling like there is something stuck in your throat when you swallow or burp? I keep getting the sensation like there is a piece of food or something that didn't go all the way down. It's so annoying. Anyone else get this too?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

yep !! only put the same on her last week !!

keep trying to clear throat feels like there is mucus

stuck there , or feels thick /tight !

had it for 2 months now and wont go , but im quick to finish a bottle of wine and a meal no problemo !

• Edited

Yup. Have had this it's quit annoying. It's called a globus sensation. I get this when I'm extremly anxious and I have gerd so if I get a flair up of acid reflux I get it to. Warm wash cloth on neck helps some.

• Edited

Yes I have been anxious and I also have acid reflux flare ups sometimes. I have been having heartburn for a few days now. So weird.

• Edited

sharcerv52408 , Yes . When i get this i have to calm myself down or else my anxiety will shoot to the moon. Its just another symptom of peri/ meno. Your not alone. Praying for you

• Edited

YES! its a part of GERD! I hate it! Mylanta and or gaviscon helps with it, I hate going prescription drugs!

• Edited

I'm 51 and had it for 7 months then it finally went away. Globus Hysteria, anxiety makes it worse. try to relax, and dont worry it's just another annoying symptom to deal with. hugs

• Edited

Thanks so much ladies. I'm grateful that I have you ladies for support during this time. Your reassuring comments really go a long way.

• Posted

Yes I had it for most of the week and then, "poof" it disappeared yesterday in the middle of the day so yes it's hormones doing their thing.

• Edited

Yes. I've had it. Both globus and last year I had a wonderful bout of what is caused LPR...basically acid reflux in your voice box! I had a chronic cough and the feeling like something was stuck in my throat. I saw an ENT for it and sure enough was told it is very typical for women of a "certain" age or anxious people.

Globus will go away on its own...just try not to stress. Once you have it once and it goes away, you will realize what's happening if it comes back again. If you're really concerned, go see an ENT...he'll snake a little camera down your nose into your throat and you'll have some peace of mind within seconds.

• Posted

Yes Yes yes

I feel this in starting for peri.

As if something stuck in my throat and i am not able to eat anything.

Its Peri symptom dear..donot worry

Hang is there

tk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.