Something is still wrong with me.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, so i recently made a post where I underwent some cardiac testing and met with a cardiologist. I was diagnosed with PVC (premature ventricular contractions) but the cardiologist said that they were. benign and should go away on its own because my heart is in good condition. I am still having a hard time figuring out my other symptoms though. I explained them to him and he said based on the tests nothing else is wrong and that the inly way for him to see if something else was going on is by putting me in surgery to take a look. The other issues are when I wake up in the morning and go pee, my heart races and then all of a sudden my pulse slows down and beats hard to where I can feel it in my head and neck before it starts to climb back up to a faster heart rate again. Now this only happens while I am standing and peeing, so usually what I try to do when I first get up is to walk around because it doesn't happen while I am moving around. The other issue is that I get light headed real easy when I change positions, especially if I go from lying down to standing. I am not able to workout because of it. When I do pushups and sit up on my knees, I get woozy. It's 10x worse if I stand afterwards. I also get this straining feeling in my upper abdomen and chest that feels like the same feeling you get when you are carrying something heavy. That part of my body always feels tight and strained for some reason. Trying to sleep is pure hell for me. Every night my body seems to be falling apart at night time. Even on my good days. There are days where I. completely stress free and relaxed. Days where I have nothing on my mind, but when I lay down and close my eyes, the horror show begins. I sometimes have my worse PVC symptoms at this time of night. I also get a weird burning feeling in my neck. My stomach and chest feels heavy, my throat will get dry and I will get sweaty. My whole body will start to feel weird and almost like I don't exist. Then I will get these bubbly feelings in my arms and chest that almost feels as if I can physically feel the blood gushing through my veins. Sometimes my arms and chest burn and feel warm. When I do doze off, I awaken heavy breathing with my pulse increasing for a few moments. My body will become so tired and weak, I literally will start to hallucinate sometimes from the sleep deprivation. There are other times where I keep an elevated heart rate ( my heart rate is usually around 65-70 bpm resting. Some days I feel a little off and my heart rate will be in the 80s. When I have those days where I can feel my pulse throughout my body beating hard and rapidly, its impossible to get comfortable enough to sleep. Usually what happens is my body just passes out. I eventually become so tired that I don't even remember the time I finally fell asleep. I always wake up unenergized and lethargic, making it a struggle to get through the day. But the weird thing is that if I find time to take a nap on the weekends throughout the day, my body seems perfectly fine and comfortable. I don't know what is going on with me and I haven't had a solid answer in the last 8 years. All I know is that I get worse as time goes on and that if I don't figure something out soon, I am going to lose my mind. I am sorry that this post is so long and I know I post on here a lot. I'm not sure how many of you keep up with my posts and have tried to link any of this together, but all I am looking for is answers. And also, writing helps me a lot to calm down and get everything off the mind.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you've been having so many issues. It does sound like all your other symptoms could be anxiety related or triggered, which would make sense if you've been having ongoing cardiology tests, and although they've advised your PVC is benign and will go away, you'll naturally still be concerned.

With my anxiety, I've had periods that sound very similar to yours. I've had palpitations peeing too fast, problems sleeping, adrenaline rushes in my arms, legs and chest, dull knawing pain in between my shoulder blade, heat waves, night sweats and well the list goes on, but you get the idea.

It might be a good idea to seek out some therapy or counseling, or see if there's any treatment plans that won't interfere with your PVC. Worth having a chat with your local dr.

• Posted

I have pvcs and have lived wihh them for 11 years. They will not kill you if your heart checks have been otherwise normal but the face that you are posting about them dispute being told by a medical professional that they are fine clearly shows you that it's your anxiety causong the other symptoms otherwise you would not have mentioned the pvcs you would have simply mentioned the other symptoms.

Having pvcs and anxiety is a vicious circle because you put your self in a anxious state. So with me when mine flare up and I am stressed I sweat so much its unbearable I'm always roasting hot, I feel lightheaded at times I have chest tightness breathless mess heart raving when I go up the stairs or do minimal exercise.. But then the next day nothing it's all completely fine..

Bad days are anxiety and good days are how your body functions when you don't let your mind get the better of you..

Good lick but you are fine

• Posted

As for your pulse on the 80s anxiety and stress raises your heart rate. A rate of 60-100 is completely normal and not dangerous but the fact you can see your body pulsing is simply because you are focusing on it.. I guerentee my friend if you sit in your chair now and focus on all your pulse points you will still be noticing them all day and they will be pulsing more than usual because you have focused on it. Go for a walk and put your ear phones in completely ignore it and it will go away.. Best thing with anxiety is to elevate your heart rate to exercise pace then when you cool down and the adrenaline settles naturally you will feel OK and everything will be normal again trust me I've done it for 9 years until I took back control!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.