Something is Wrong With My Lip

Posted , 1 user is following.

So for almost a year now I have noticed an increase in swelling or at least redness below my lower lip, and a bump that is always there but seems to change in size. Today it got very noticeable.

I don't believe it's a cold sore, I got tested for all of that last November. There is a small hair at the end of it, but it's not painful and I don't shave that close to my lip so I don't believe it is an ingrown hair. The edges of my bottom lip where it is red is irritated at times and itches or burns.

I have been biting the inside of my lower lip more often than usual lately but this has happened before in the past without lip biting. The redness and the bump are all new within the last year. The only difference is I moved to California from the Midwest.

I am a 24 year old male, with a history of eczema so I am use to having sensitive skin, but chapstick does not help at all.

Ive looked all over and can't find anything that fits what I have. Anyone know?

I have pictures but don't know how to post them.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.