Something new!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

its a case of all change over last few days!! I have several new symptoms I'm sure are fibro, hoping someone else has them.  I think this one is the most scary, I can't understand what I'm reading, nothing makes sense, it's like someone has put all the words in a bucket to give them a good shake then emptied them back onto the page! Next is the feeling in my fingers, it's like everything has an electric current running through it, even the lightest touch hurts, typing this is painful. The others are all new pains that could be fibro or the trapped nerves in my neck and spine, I keep thinking "does it matter which, it hurts a lot and whichever it is it can't be cured". I'm not getting depressed about it but it hurts so much the slightest movement is agony! I'm cracking when I move too, it feels like every joint is popping, ankles, wrists, shoulders, knees elbows and neck, I've put knees but it should be knee, the new one is fantastic! My hands won't close properly and the pain in my thumbs is so bad I can't lift anything. Now I'm sick of moaning, I want to tell myself to "shut up!!!", I'm sure my husband must get bored with my constant complaining yet he never says a word.

thank you for listening hope it makes sense, can't read it back, it's all jumbled.

have a great day,hugs to all

S x

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been finding over the last year of so, that it takes me longer to read and I used to be a quick reader galloping through books, now I take ages!  I have always had eyesight problems and worn glasses since a child.  I had verifolcals and managed with those for a long time but now I have to have proper reading glasses.  I also get a shadowing effect,  like double vision, sometimes.  That frightened me, but the optician said its a musle weakness.  Fibro again.
  • Posted

Ahhh Shelagh

I'm with you on many of the points you have made and fingers all point to Fibro once again. Over 20yrs of pains they all come and go and some are here for a while. I try not to let the pains get the better of me. It's hard at times but one needs to have a strong will power on certain days and this can be a challenge.  I always say to my self tomorrow will be a better day. 

Gentle hugs, I'm feeling for you now.  Take care wink x

• Posted

A few weeks ago i was joking about my brain fog. I was trying to say i'm surprised i remember my own name but ended up saying i dont remember what that thing is i'm called, well you have to laugh, it's a better option than crying. xxx

• Posted

Aahhhh, jemini,(much better option) .... can sooo relate to that one..I'm always saying to my husband half way through nearly every conversation.." that thing ...you know it looks like...mmm then I'm blank again...awful with names too, but I call most friends and family precious.  I never seem to forget that..mm interesting..have a lovely...... ????? O' yes  DAY. ...be blessed..:-) xxx. We just have to laugh at ourselves sometimes....from frustration to laughter...good medicine...
  • Posted

We all know how your feeling, it might well be a trapped nerve I'm having same problem at the moment, can't actually feel my fi get tips at the moment, so excuse rant spelling mistakes,

I'm waiting a mri scan to fi d out if nerves are trapped in neck, remember fibromyalgia effects the back of neck so could be other but you should go to Drs , I have cervical spondolosis which just adds to the pains I already have, but today is my push forward be positive day, I'm going to see my unborn baby grandaughter today with my eldest, so the pains can go do one, because I refuse to let them ruin this day. Xx so moan away always here to listen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Tiff, I've had fibro for over twenty years, probably twenty eight, I have an amazing Rheumatoligist backed up by a wonderful GP. My Rheumatoligist has referred me to the pain clinic as well as for nerve induction studies, she sent me a copy of the referral letter which says I have possible carpal tunnel syndrome 

possible double crush 

osteoarthritis

fibromyalgia

cervical spondylosis

I know I have pain from my neck due to the spondylosiI, unfortunately every one of these things causes pain in one form or another, I've had all of these for over twenty years. I too have a new granddaughter, she's due this week! That is one of the things that keep me going along with my dogs my other granddaughter, my grandson and my son and two daughters.

today is a better day, brain isn't as foggy, pain is bad but it's Chippy day!!! Lol, we have a chippy van comes to the village every Tuesday, it's where the village meets each week, I,love village life!

have a great, stress free day! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.