Something new.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Legs are hurting. I feel like I might have another clot going on. Don't understand how being on the xarelto but then again a friend got 2 leg clots and 2 separate PEs

Today I tried to plant some flowers and had an awful time coughing and out of breath now I'm sitting here getting stabbed in the chest with what feels like an ice pick. Sharp stabbing pains. Crude I hate these feelings. Never know should I go to ER and check it out or just wait it out and see what's happening. Could it be what was stabbing me in my legs earlier moving thru my chest landing up there???

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get the same my legs hurt from time to time I also get chest pain I guess it's part of healing.

• Posted

Legs will hurt for awhile with PE, they will puff up and then go down, it will do this for awhile yet.

The other thing is Xarelto can cause this too. I'm now off the Xarelto due to it causing chest pains 1-2 hours after taking it, I am now on Pradaxa and no more chest pains after taking it.

• Posted

Ohh and yes chest pain would be persistant with PE but the doctors always ask me does it hurt when I breathe with my chest pain, but it doesn't  , I'm new to these PE's, was only diagnosed 5 weeks ago with multiple clots in both lungs that started off in my left calf muscle they tell me. sometimes it hurts to breathe but not often, the troublesome bit is the breathlesness and fatigued.

• Posted

Yah I know what you mean it took 13 weeks for my clot to go breathing is pretty good at the moment I'm running everyday but I do get tired and pain in my lung just don't let it worry me

• Posted

Get to the ER.  Those Ice pick pains could be blood clots in your lungs.  I had the same pain May 2.  After two days, it just got worse.  They said if I waited, I could have died.
    • Posted

I wasn't sure because the clot in my Right Lung ( and I don't know how long it was there) just felt like pressure. No pain just heaviness. So I want sure. I stayed home and went to sleep last night feel ok today just have the heaviness. So I will call the Doc.

• Posted

hi windy

i am almost 10 weeks ith xarelto!

for me the legs pain is rreally normal

hoping that u dont have really serious side effect of xarelto i am off now to xarelto i am now apxiban still dont know yet how is the side effect but i hope its better.. plus they add another medication to me for the heartbit now i am honestly scared...

grettings jhonna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.