SOMETHING NICE TO DISCUSS

Posted , 6 users are following.

I fancied starting a post about something nice to do with Ls.  I hope this catches on.

I decided that I didn't like using great big tubs of Epaderm when I went to the toilet in my home.  I didn't like it left out so that it was handy as it looked ugly.  I transfered some to a pretty pot that I had sterilised in the dishwasher.  This sits near the toilet and looks attractive.  Makes it less irksome and if I have visitors they do not know what it is or what I use it for.

I now find I mind using this moisturiser less.  I know this is just a mental thing but it helps me feel this is less of a nuisance and that I am actually spoiling myself by moisturising my bits, as I would my legs.....nice eh!!!!.

Does anyone else have anything that helps them deal with LS?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My friends and I have started sewing clothes for ourselves. I was tired of trying to gracefully get off the couch when my panties were binding. I used one big old comfy pair of briefs to make my paper pattern. I had been storing a bolt of really fine, soft cotton jersey and made a dozen pairs, with clear (non-rubber) elastic buried in the folded edge of the legs. What a difference! I feel like I'm not wearing any and I never have to pick them out of my crotch. (I'm in my sixties and occasionally have a surprise dribble, so commando is not an option).
    • Posted

I never wear underwear it is very comfortable without and after years and years of wearing trousers I now only wear skirts 

and I wear knee high socks because my skirts are long 

try no Knicks it's a lovely feeling no discomfort from them catching you the wrong way 

janette

• Posted

Great idea.  I think I will try that.  Looking for some fine cotton jersey now.
    • Posted

In my small town fabric store they have a narwow elastic for the waist that is pre-folded so you just stretch and sew the edge inside it and voila, a neat edge. For the leg holes I just multi-stitch zigzag clear silicon elastic inside the fold.
  • Posted

That sounds a good idea know what you mean it does look horrible sitting there will sort something out when back home .
  • Posted

I am in uk I use Doublebase gel reccomended by my Gyneocologist it is presented in in nice container it is also nice to use to wash your face with 

makes your face nice and soft  but does not remove wrinkles

my daughter thought it was the best soap ever and uses it as a moisture cream for her face !  She bought her own 

I receive mine on prescription 

she also tells me my face has improved and thinks the Omega 7 with buckthorn oil helps 

I do too 

JanetteJanette

• Posted

I sewed a special pouch to carry items I most likely will need when on the road. Perhaps more than anything a therapeutic way of coping.  Inside pockets for pads, emu-oil bottle, water bottle, small towel, extra meds, etc.  The pouch fits in my sling pack and gives me some kind of feeling of comfort and safety when out and about.
  • Posted

Trying to reply to everyone but my cursor doesn't seem to want to highlight in the individual replies after the first one so this is a reply to everyone who has posted.  Great ideas everyone keep them coming.  I have a makeup bag with all my bits in Hanny which I carry in my handbag.  I have a very small container for the Epaderm which I refill when necessary and sterilise in the dishwasher.  Obviously I don't double dip.  My handbag has got a lot bigger recently with everything. Janette my husband uses double base gel and I know what you mean about it being okay looking.  I find Epaderm suits me better at the moment.
  • Posted

What a lovely idea, looking at the positives. Well Done!

I'm much better dressed since getting LS. I used to be a jeans-and-trainers sort of person. Comfortable and not smart. But since I can't wear jeans any more I've had to reinvent my wardrobe. I've really enjoyed the process - and I probably would have muddled along unchanging forever if it hadn't been for LS.

Good ideas here, I'm going to have to buy a bigger handbag now. Thanks all.

• Posted

That is a really good point,  I have changed my wardrobe too.  I now wear a lot of linen trousers for casual and keep them loose.  I have enjoyed the shopping too.  To keep looking fairly smart in linen I now find I am looking for really smart nice tops that smarten up the linen trousers.  I can't really wear dresses as I wear a foot brace which is quite ugly.  I see the foot surgeon on the 20th and am hoping that he will be able to operate so that I don't have to wear it any more then I might be able to go back to the dresses and skirts I love to wear.  I have though discovered that I love linen trousers and you don't get hot and bothered in them like crepe and other types, they can also look really smart as long as they are teamed with the right top, or jacket.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.