Something odd

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I don't usually pay attention to such things, but this is weird.

I had a fruit\veg smoothie in the morning (yesterday). The raspberry wasn't too fresh imo. 

Then I had El Pollo Loco salad for lunch. And then started passing gas in the afternoon. I usually don't. Felt a little discomfort, but nothing painful. Just kind of feeling full. I exercised for almost two hours last night, no issues. Then in the morning today, feeling full and a bit constipated and still having the urge to go. Had to go a few times. Seems to have relieved my symptoms. But I still feel a bit of discomfort in the stomach (mostly upper and a bit to the right) and really, really nasty taste in my mouth. Also, belching like non stop. A bit of yellow film on my tongue. Does this sound like food poisoning or may be a bug? I have no pain really. Just discomfort. I had acute pancreatitis last year and they couldn't find the cause. I don't drink alcohol, but  I drank a bit of Tequila last Saturday. Kind of scaring me as it's not typical for me to have such symptoms. I say it's either bad food or may be gastritis. Thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What was in the salad? Have you had it before with no ill effects?
    • Posted

Many times and never had an issue.I still think something I ate was bad. I'll give it 24 hours and then start freaking out =)

• Posted

Stick with cooled boiled water and bland food for a couple of days, sounds to me as though something was OFF.
  • Posted

Wait a week and then see your doctor if nothing has changed.  However, do not worry!  Was chicken in your salad? Chicken can be a a very common cause of food poisoning.
  • Posted

Hello I have gastritis and one of the symptoms is dyspepsia (a bacteria growing in the intestines) it causes a very full feeling and quite a bit of discomfort however I found taking FD gard (over the counter in a purple box) works really well it alleviates the full feeling and the discomfort in the stomach. Maybe give that a shot see if it helps. However I stopped taking the FD gard and started on a zantac75 regimen twice a day every day and it has made a world of difference being gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining so maybe talk to ur doctor about that. Good luck! Any questions just send me a reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.