Something positive

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.

I have been having panic attacks daily for the past few months, but my anxiety has been a part of my life for 6 years now.

But, the past couple of nights I have been riding my bike around my neighborhood for a little while by myself. And it really has helped me feel better so far. I look up at the sky and all the stars and I realize how big the world is around us all... I know sometimes it feels hopeless when you have anxiety/panic disorder, but we shouldn't give up on ourselves because we don't deserve it. I'm not saying riding my bike has cured my anxiety, but it has helped me feel relaxed and also I have been doing breathing techniques. I breathe in for 4 seconds, hold it for 7, and exhale for 8 seconds. I keep doing that for a few minutes and really focus on my breath. I know it sounds silly and you probably have read about how much breathing helps, and for a long time I thought I couldn't do it and I didn't really believe in it so I never really gave it a shot until a few days ago. Life is so short and we must remember to take care of ourselves. Find something that will make you feel good, that can take your mind off of things. If you haven't found that something yet, don't give up! Keep moving forward and believe in yourself.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tiffany Tks for sharing your story. I've doing the exact breathing excersises you are doing myself and Iam surprised it is working so well. I'm sort of annoyed with myself for not doing it sooner. Like you I'm coming up to 6 years of dealing with this anxiety. I'm doing mindfulness meditation as well with an app on my phone this is really relaxing. Thanks again.

• Posted

Thank you. It is nice to read a positive story on his site. I am glad that the breathing and biking has been working for you.
    • Posted

You're welcome! Sometimes reading about too much of others' anxieties could get you worked up. It's good to step back and connect with yourself again.

• Posted

That's so gud to hear. I find it hard to do the breathing and focusing on the breathing. How long are your periods of meditation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.