something sticking in ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 10 weeks post tkr and despite initial problems with the staples my wound has healed pretty good, however over the last week or 2 I have a feeling of something sticking in just below the skin at the bottom of the scar, There is a very small lump almost like a bead at the edge of the scar where I have this feeling, It isnt "inside" the knee but feels to be just below the skin, anyone had this ? any ideas?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It could be the left overs of your internal stitches. I had a lot of issues with these over the first 6 weeks. On two occasions one made a break for freedom and pushed through my scar making a hole. I went back to the clinic and they cut it back and now the skin has healed over. I can still feel them under the surface though (at 16 weeks) so presume that's scar tissue. I massage over the area and have managed to really get them down.
    • Posted

Thanks,I have to say thats exactly what I thought, I presume when it came through it was visible, what am I looking out for ?
    • Posted

Mine was literally a blue stitch sticking right through. At first I tried to pull it thinking it was a bit of my normal stitches that was left behind....thankfully I realised before I did any damage. I felt like Worzel Gummage losing all my insides 😂
    • Posted

I have nothing to see, but if I run my finger over it I feel something sharp, yours sounds horrendous !
  • Posted

I felt that at the base of the scar, I massaged the small lump in circles  then zig zagged up the scar and back again doing circles, this has made the lump quite small so hardly notice it now.
  • Posted

Had same dotty little round lump a top could see stich sticking

out .wasat my physio next day so mentioned it to her she said its internal stitch that dessolve , i jst massaged round it at about 8 weeks it came off didn't hurt. Physio just said to watch for

infection

• Posted

ok, thanks for that, I will keep an eye on it and hope it dissolves quickly ! best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.