Something Stuck in Throat Sensation - Menopause Symptom?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Merry Christmas (I wish if I didn't have a new symptom popping up daily that now has me 150% convinced I have esophogial cancer). I need to stop this Dr. Google stuff but this forums is SO helpful and comforting.

Do any of you ladies have this awful sensation that there is something stuck in your throat? I had awful dry mouth and a soar throat on the right side. Found a zillion little tonsil stones. Just finished a 10 day stint of antibiotics and I think those little buggers are gone. Now.....

It's pretty much off and one but I have this weird feeling that something is stuck in my throat. It's not difficult nor painful to swallow or breathe just causing anxiety trying to figure out what this is.

Anybody???

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

The lump in the throat is anxiety. Lots of women on this forum have it. Stop googling, it only ends with something awful or death. I was doing the same thing and finally had to stop.

I was hoarse for six months. I finally went to the ENT. He found nothing. A few months later the hoarseness just went away on it's on. It's the worse rollercoaster ride ever! Prayer has helped me. Hang in there.🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Edited

Hi

Google is just the worse I currently think I have a neurological illness due to Google and I'm scared to death I twitch all the time and have really bad muscle and joint pains, I have also had the feeling of a lump in my throat and thought I had throat or like you esophageal cancer, all through Googling. It's the worst thing ever. Hope you feel better soon but I can definitely relate to what you are saying. Big hugs and merry Christmas xxx

• Posted

Don't worry. I have the same thing. Its anxiety and also I had neck injuries which can cause it as well and allergies. I am sure your okay.

• Posted

I get that feeling & the ENT diagnosed me with GERD/silent reflux. I don't get heartburn, just the feeling of something stuck in my throat. It acts up a few times a year, if I let my diet get out of whack/have too much caffeine/get stressed. Usually a couple weeks of Zantac 150 nightly before bed clears it up, but if it's particularly bad, I also take an omeprazole every morning, too, for a couple weeks.

• Posted

i have it ! its on my right side today it changes sides and sometimes just over all ..

i feel like a have a big glob of mucus i constantly coughing especially in the morning clearing my throat and trying not to swallow I cannot continue to google because I’m pretty certain I will die have some serious disease LOL I’ve come to the conclusion that it is mostly anxiety i and silent reflux .. i have been drinking a lot and lots of alcohol the past couple weeks with Christmas parties Ect so now it’s just made it 1000 times worse not to mention all the weight I’ve put on from going through. peri ..

but yest I do the same thing with Google and it’s probably the worst thing we can do I hope you feel better

• Posted

Thank God for your post. The past couple of weeks I feel like there's a lump in my throat, and coughing up mucas! i suffer with anxiety to, especially health anxiety. I wish i could control it but since peri started 2 years ago its gone completely off the scale! Like you i googled, Bad idea! Have myself convinced of all sorts, even though i had full bloods done only a month ago and all is fine. I WANT MY LIFE BACK !

• Posted

i so want my normal

life back and my insane thoughts to just go away

• Posted

i have it ! its on my right side today it changes sides and sometimes just over all ..

i feel like a have a big glob of mucus i constantly coughing especially in the morning clearing my throat and trying not to swallow I cannot continue to google because I’m pretty certain I will die have some serious disease LOL I’ve come to the conclusion that it is mostly anxiety i and silent reflux .. i have been drinking a lot and lots of alcohol the past couple weeks with Christmas parties Ect so now it’s just made it 1000 times worse not to mention all the weight I’ve put on from going through. peri ..

but yest I do the same thing with Google and it’s probably the worst thing we can do I hope you feel better

• Posted

does any one have bad sore throats

• Posted

Hi Sue,,

I did. I had very painful throat for almost 3 months, and figured that was because of acid reflux. Also had I stuck throat and coughed.

• Posted

Dr calls this globulus hysterica. I had this and was convicted it was cancer.

Dr could not convince me so sent me for a scope at ent. Camera up the nostril and down throat to have a detailed look. Yep nothing there. I never felt the lump again. Consultant told me it was anxiety. And if you convince the brain of something then the symptoms will become real.

I have moved onto so many other things wrong with me. It's just this horrid imbalance of hormones that does it.

I wake in the morning to adrenalin rushes and feel something bad is going to happen.

This forum saved me from going nuts and learned by the wisdom of the women here to STOP googling

Hope this helps

• Posted

Oh my god...I thought I was the only one that has the dread feeling. I am pretty much convinved I am dying daily.It becomes so bad at times it almost loops the thoughts then I google then I am dying all over again. My best friend has a good laugh with it all so at least it gives someone something to laugh abut 😃

• Posted

Hi Leisa,

Yes, I have this same problem. It's worst in the mornings ( when my adrenalin is rushing). It makes me cough, sometimes so much I gag.

Like the ladies here have said, quite sure it is a combo of silent reflux and anxiety.

Hang in there!!!

Sara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.