Something that MAY help...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Friends, I have experienced dizziness for some months, but recently began taking CoQ10 because it's been suggested that doing so is a good idea if one is taking statins.  Interestingly, my dizziness decreased by about 90% within a couple of days of beginning to take the supplement.  It is absolutely possible that taking the supplement had nothing to do with the relief in my symptoms of dizziness, but I thought it worth sharing my experience.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

CoQ10 is usually given for heart failure cases and cancer. its interesting to know that it worked out with your dizziness.
  • Posted

Rida, I'm NOT certain that it did work.  There may be no correlation at all.  But I cannot see that any other objective circumstances changed, so I'm TEMPTED to attribute causation.  I guess my subtext is that it MAY be worth trying CoQ10, IF a doctor says that it will, at minimum, do no harm.  (I was pretty desperate, so to have something (possibly) help from which I never expected relief was an interesting experience.)
  • Posted

can you know if your food diet in the recovery period contained high levels of magnisum. doctor advised me to take magnisum tablets for my dizziness.
  • Posted

I honestly don't know, Rida.  I very much doubt I consumed MORE magnesium in the recovery period.  My diet didn't change at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.