Something wrong with my jaw after being hit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got into an altercation about two hours ago. Got hit in the left side of my jaw like a straight upper cut. My bite on the left side feels off and so I feel like when I bite the right side is not even touching. But my main concern is a lump and swelling to the right side of my chin. My gums and 3 teeth in the front right are tingling and when I press on the side where my jaw got hit it is creating pressure on the mysterious lump. Im just a little concerned because the lump is no where near where I got hit. Could it be a lump due to it being dislocated ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I can would suggest you either go A&E or wait and see your GP tomoz, not much I can say other than you will try next time to keep away from trouble, it want be much fun if you have fractured your jaw.

• Posted

Whatever it is you need to see a doctor or go to A/E ASAP.    If these sort of injuries are left to heal without proper attention you can end up with a lop sided jaw which can cause further problems with your teeth and skull.  
  • Posted

You've gotten two good replies.  Get a medical opinion.  Don't wait.

• Posted

I always wonder why when someone comes and posts and then doesn't acknowledge the replies, or is it normal practice, makes me consider answering

• Posted

Hmmm.  I sure don't know just what is normal practice and what is not.   In general if I don't spend much time on a reply (like the one above) I don't care about an answer or not.  Sometimes, however, I would just like to know that the "patient" is improving.  Or if I did spend some time on a reply that it was at least somewhat helpful.  It's also interesting to me to read all of the replies especially those from the UK because I'm in the US.  I think the UK is facinating .  I just finished watching a NetFlicks series "Escape to the Country" about looking to buy a country home in various parts of "beautiful" UK country.  BTW how are you doing?

• Posted

Great program, I have seen most of them and you get to see lots of lush green country side, mind you if they carry-on building like they are doing there want be any countryside left LOL or we will sink eeek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.