Somtimes i can eat a food and the next day I eat the same thing and it makes me sick

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last Saturday I ate 2 pieces of bacon and I was fine mild stomach. The next day I had about 6 pieces of not more and I was sick all day and the next day. Tuesday morning when I woke up in fell to 100 % better... wed I ate 1 hot dog and was fine so yesterday I at 4 and was sick all night.

This is so confusing to me..gi doctor has me on a gluten free dairy free fructose free diet... there were non of thoes in the hot dogs.

This whole thing is making me depress because I'm still getting sick with foods the don't have thoes things in them. I don't get it. ..

I realy don't get this ibs stuff. I get diarrhea and extremely bloated... with gluten I vomit but that is a whole different story.. I quit that 6 yrs ago when all this other stuff is newsad.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I can understand your frustration I feel the same. 
    • Posted

I think it is due to the preservatives and additives in processed foods. MacDonalds are the worst .
  • Posted

If two pieces of bacon and one hot dog cause you no trouble stick to that amount   It looks like your stomach will not tolerate increased amounts of these foods.  It may well be that there are trace amounts of gluten in the hot dog bread that you are unaware of.  Bacon is a processed food and certain types of sausages are too. Some people have problems with anything processed. If the sausages are pork, this can also be a trigger.

• Posted

Soetimes glutenis included in processed foods to add bulk. Also found in medications.
  • Posted

There are preservatives in most processed foods including hot dogs, sausages and bacon. I think you've actually found some of your triggers - avoid anything other than a very moderate amount hot dogs and bacon. I understand it might be confusing but that is why you have to scrutinise ingredient lists in everything you eat. You'd be surprised how many IBS irritants there are in processed foods. 

Jan

• Posted

Hotdogs and bacon are processed and fatty, not great for ibs. Even 'safe' foods can trigger you if you eat too much or if your body changes ( for example I ate porridge fine for years then suddenly last year every time I ate porridge I get diarrhoea so now I can't eat it).

• Posted

Yes I was told it was the cumulative effect. I had to backtrack further in my diet analysis and would find that it was a build up making me ill. 
  • Posted

PS I cut bacon and sausage out of my diet completely which was very difficult as when I was younger I was vegetarian for a while but bacon broke my resolve so to finally give it up was harder than quitting smoking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.