Sonocine/Ultra Sound Dense Breasts!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am posting this in this forum rather than the Breast lumps and issues, because I know so many of us at Menopause get boobie problems.

Well today I had a Sonocine, you will have to Google it folk or the link will get sent to be moderated and it could take months lol......so I combated a fear of mine by having it done, at the grand old age of 50 (last week) and now have to wait for my doctors appointment next week and a letter from the radiologists to give me the results...(Of course I fear the worst)

Why am I posting this!!...Well if you have dense breasts mammograms do not pick up on up to 60% of cancer cells, where as a Sonocine can detect cancer as small as 5 millimeters and years in advance of a mammo......

Also would be interested to hear any feedback from others that have had this pain free procedure!

Sonocine .    c o m cool

Hugs Astrid x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi astrid

why on earth are you having to wait for results? 

Doesnt the Doc speak to you whilst doing it, showing you what is what ? 

Blimey I had the 3D breast scan and i was talked througn it and showed it all on screen and told i had fatty areas which were normal in menopause and that all was healthy, i knew this before i left the clinic ..

why don't they talk to their patients ...  I always ask too .... 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi astrid

why on earth are you having to wait for results? 

Doesnt the Doc speak to you whilst doing it, showing you what is what ? 

Blimey I had the 3D breast scan and i was talked througn it and showed it all on screen and told i had fatty areas which were normal in menopause and that all was healthy, i knew this before i left the clinic ..

why don't they talk to their patients ...  I always ask too .... 

jay xx

• Posted

Jay its done at a hospital by a person who also does Mammograms, the lady I had did ask me if I wanted to see the screen I declined.

The exam is then sent to the radiologist for a compleat review, then sent to the doctor, and letter to myself, so in essence the exam is not performed by a doctor or radiologist.

I did ask her and said I knew she was not allowed to discuss the results with me, but did she know when she found anything, she said sometimes, but it has to be seen by a trained radiologist.

I also asked a few friends who have had the procedure and they, also had to wait for results, maybe the US is different to some other countries!!

xx

• Posted

Sorry the reply came twice 😳

the screen kept freezing error error .... and dont know what happened  ... 

Hay Ho 

jay xx

• Edited

Just an FYI ladies I found out the Ultra sound that I had called the Sonocine is not available in most other countries yet outside of the US.....yes of course there are breast ultra sounds but not the same machine.
    • Posted

Hi Astrid 

thanks for info... yes i already looked it up when you mentioned about Sonocine before ..

if ladies google it and select images you can see the machine.. it does 3 D imaging. FDA approved which is for amercia ... 

mine was also 3D imaging and shown on two screens and fantastic ... amazing technology..

they also do thermal breast imaging here too 

hope you have a nice weekend 

jay xx

• Edited

I think the only thing that concerns me is that cancer so so small, could lay dormant and never rear its ugly head, and you could well out live it, but by doing biopsys and even removal might spread the tumor!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.