Sons dla

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son gets low care&mobility dla,he turned 16 in Jan. We sent forms back to try to claim pip.But I now have a letter from dla saying he will keep getting dla till July then it will stop or sooner if pip is sorted before then.so my question is do it mean he will get pip?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi lynne37992,

Well , I think what they are saying is that whatever he was getting he will continue getting until July, then, they hope to have sorted out your latest claim for PIP, if so he will then get his new rewards for care and mobility with PIP, or if by then they have sorted out the new claims and decided he does not qualify for neither, then his DLA will cease and he wont get any PIP, and you will then have to appeal to possibly get anything!!!

• Posted

Hi Lynne

The proceedure is you continue to receive DLA until a decision is made on the PIP application. From your wording it sounds as though no decision on PIP has been made one way or the other but there is a 'definate' end date of DLA in July?

Unfortunately you'll have to contact them direct and hope someone knows the answer.

• Posted

Thank you to you both for replying.

Its a pain in the bum all the calls&paper work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.