Sonya00271

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya wondering if any can help me I got a phone call in Monday saying they were stoking my esa cause ididnt pass medical she said she was closing the claim down as if Monday's date 31at of October and I was owed money it will be paid into my account then she rang me back and said they hadn't recived my sick note and I was not owed any money i sent my sick note in 2days previous to when it was due and she wouldnt have it so i said ok then she rang me back at bout 5 clock that night saying the letter I get through post to rip it up she said it got all my details national insurance number but someone less assent on it to ignore it now I don't no if they have broke the law with data protection and has someone else got my by assessment I don't no if my money is gonna carry on or stop any advice anyone please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would chase this up and reexplain what happened . They owe you an apology . Nothing surprises me with the utter DWP incompetence. I have been battling with them over a year now. I was stopped twice with ESA and Pips and beat them both times with an apology. So best of luck and persevere. 
  • Posted

Hi sonya00271.                                                                                                              Did you send fit not as signed for?  I also recieved someone elses medical details during an MR. But they assured me mine had not gone astray. ( can"t say same for you ) I sent that persons report to the tribunal courts, so they could add it to the pile marked AAAGGGHH not another one.

• Posted

Hi Sonya

Sorry just need to clarify some points. Are you saying that you had an assessment but your results were mixed up with another claimant and that resulted in the first 2 phone calls advising that benefit would be stopped and no benefit owed would-not be paid?

It so it sounds to me the letter which is on its way to you is the standard decision letter informing you your benefits will stop. The DWP phone caller might have been advising you to ignore the contents of that letter on the grounds that those circumstances don't apply due to their mistake. Probably a new letter has been issued reversing the decision in the first one.

If that is the case then it is highly unlikely that the Data Protection Act has been breached as the DWP haven't shared your details with a third party without good reason or your permission.

They have however caused you great inconvenience wholly due to their mistake(s). Unfortunately if you wish to take this matter further it will involve making a formal complaint in writing. You could also speak with your MP.

Of course I might have misinterpreted your OP if that is the case the above doesn't count but feel free to put me right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.