sooo confused...what next ?? :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ..This is the first time i have participated in a forum but i am hoping that I can get some answers..I am soo lost and really dont know where to go next sad . I am a young 62 who has been feeling quite ill with classic Hypothyoid symptoms 4 some time and after going 2 my doctor and insisting that I have a blood test I was diagnosed and prescribed levothyroxine 25mg which is now increased to 50mg daily and my latest results are 10.5 T4....4.23 TSH but I am feeling sooo low and tired and it is thought I also have fibromyalgia and amiltryptiline was prescribed but It is one of the medecines which are best not taken with Levothyroxine ???? When I pointed this out to my doctor he said..\"oh yes \" and that was that..so I have no confidence to take anything..I am dragging myself along and just want to feel well again. :cry:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry but i cannot answer any of the questions you are after but i also fill left in the dark about hypothyroidism. My son was born 1 month ago and he has been diagnosed.

I wish more info was availible about the conditions and response from others who have experienced it.

thanks,

Richard

• Posted

Hi

You both need to join a specific thyroid forum where you will get all the info, advice and support you need.

thyroid-disease.org.uk

Medication takes many months before results are felt and there is no quick fix. 50mcg is still a low dose and your results are still not good, you are aiming for a TSH of 1 or below and T4 at the top of the range.

I can't really help with newborn advice, are you not getting help from the hospital, Health Visitor or GP ?

• Posted

HI Shabbychic

I am also newly diagnosed, and on 50mg of Levo. My diagnosis was on TSH 5.5, and T4 11.2 , so not far off yours.I wasn't suffering any particular symptoms apart from vague tiredness.Now the Levo is making me feel exhausted and dopey. But I am told that it takes months to get used to, and it may be that my body has stopped it's own supply of thyroxine - hence the awful symptoms.Looking forward to the Levo doing it's job. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi, levo does not cause any negative reaction. Its just throxine. But i do agree with regard to the absorbsion you should take the levo by it self, and take no other drug or food for approximatly 45mins. I take mine when i wake on empty stomach.. and all is good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.