soooo tired

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

i had my thyroid removed 18 months ago and have been in thyroxine since. I currently take 125 levothyroxine . I was rathwr naughty and upped my own dose but it effected my health So im back down to the doctors prescription .But i am recently become so tired . I seem to be ok in the day but after work im coming home and need sleep by 8. I hate this i need energy or some advice that i xan use To help me. I folllow healthy diet and walk a lot. It is causing issues with me and my hubby also. Help me xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried taking a higher dose on alternative days my doc recomended this I take extra on Monday Wednesday and Saturday then have your bloods checked in 6 weeks or u might find takin a multi vit helps with tiredness x
    • Posted

I did start taking extra doses but ended up having a seizure so a littlr scared.prob due to a build up. But i may try it alternatively as i cant cope with this xx
  • Posted

Hi Hayley

Have the doctors ever done a full blood pan and checked all vit, minerals, hormones, cortisol, gluten sensitivity (not just celiac) - and liver function.

Do a stomach cleanse, pro biotics, colonic, gluten free, fresh whole foods.. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, get lymph massages, liver cleanse and check the blood panel. It could be just a couple of adjustments needed.

Hope you get the answers you need.

• Posted

Yes i gad a blood test on friday just waiting to hear of results. I akready have to take calcium , vit d along with other meds. Honest shske me i rattle lol xx
  • Posted

That sounds awful and you should not have to live like this. Ask to see the endocrinologist again. Maybe see an alternative therapist....iodine supplements?? 
    • Posted

Yes i will see whst my results say but i need to push for isomething. Its horriblr. Its a challenfe every night to try stsy awake till 10 but eyes roll at 8. i feel ancient xx
  • Posted

My thyroid has been removed (autoimmune) and was prescribed 125mcd but asked the doctor to increase to 150 because I felt tired when under stress. As now retired I took 135 by only taking 100 on Sunday and Wednesday each week. I increased it recently to 150mcd myself but had no improvement on symptoms, which I now believe are caused by another autoimmune condition (shortens), so dropped it back all the way to 125 by taking 150/100 alternate days. I felt so tired and have returned to the 135 regime and feel much better. So it seems going from 125 to 135 makes all the difference with me. If you are taking vitamin D and calcium for oesteoporosis then you do not want your Throxine pills to be too strong. Read about vitamin K2, and the Western-Price factor X, and add an MK4 or MK7 suppliment to your D+calcium, and eat liver, or you will just build bone in your blood stream (thickened arteries). 
    • Posted

Sjorgrens, not shortens.
  • Posted

My results came back. All fine :-/. Doctor wint increase fustrating xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.