Sooooo worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am so very worried - still waiting for the hospital to ring with my appointment for my bladder op? I had bladder cancer - but it was a very small tumour -  several years ago. Recently started bleeding when weeing. Had a CT scan that showed I had a tumour 2.50cm (1 inch) on my bladder but cannot say if it is cancer until it has been removed and analysed.

Last time I kept getting cystitis all the time and no visiable blood but this time symptoms are different - no cystitis but lots of bleeding and pain. I am so worried in case it is cancer and has spread? Has anyone been in my position - had cancer then another tumour appeared years later and was it benign?

I did have my annual cystoscopy in December and it was clear - the doc said that there was some hardening on the bladder wall but nothing to worry about???

Soooooo worried.

Jean

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel that you should not worry unduly. If you had a cystoscopy in December and everything was fine, I don't think anything would develop so quickly. I had bladder cancer about 5 years ago and my last camera in June was thankfully all clear.

• Posted

Hi David, the other worry I have is that when I had my cystoscopy in December the t.v. screen was not working and the doctor looked into my bladder with an eye glass - I just hope he didn't miss anything? I prefer to see it televised for my own peace of mind!!!! Pleased you are continuing to be clear.

Regards

Jean

• Posted

At my last cysto the screen was working and very interesting to watch, but the doc actually looked through the scope. Interestingly, 6 weeks before, an inspection showed red inflamed areas which could have been from the infection I had or otherwise. Therefore another 6 weeks later which was clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.