Sore and achy thighs!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

How many of you have experienced this before? Yesterday my thighs felt really heavy and sore like I had run a marathon. It started in my left leg with sensitivity in my knee area. Then when I was using the restroom, I bent over to pull up my undies and then all of a sudden I got this really tight sensation in my left thigh area like the muscle had locked up on me. I could walk and everything but my thighs felt sore when I sat down and the only relief I got was to stand. It eventually lessened up but I can still feel the effects from yesterday's episode with sensitivity and soreness. So strange. I don't know if I bent over the wrong way or what. The bathroom stall was very confining and I hadn't much space to bend over. So i kind of had to put myself in an awkward position to bend over. Just wondering if anyone else has had this or if this could just be related to me turning myself in the wrong direction. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello hun, yes I get that in fact I have it now, feels like my legs from the hips down weigh a ton , and yes all the muscles in thighs ache and feel heavy and lumpy  - maybe all part of this horrible meno x
  • Posted

Im in pain in lower back left hip area. I suffer with my back but its defo got worse in peri. I set mine off last week by twisting to pick something up at work. Im a carer. The whole area is throbbing today. Saying that yes my thighs hurt and feel heavy. I defo thinks it a perimenopause symptom. I feel like im going to get a period so that might be another reason for the extra pain x
  • Posted

Yes i have experienced my calves hurting badly even my feet to where i can not walk 

Its depressing when you are sore and can't do a lot of stuff

• Posted

I am suffering really badly with my legs and feet lately.It has been worse more the last month or so.I went back to work full time in Aug following an TAH and BSO inApril.It is very hard to describe but I used to get shooting pains in my right foot every now and again and this started about 2years ago but because it happened one minute and then nothing for several months I didn't do anything about it.The pain now in my foot is every day sometimes across the top or sometimes down the right side.My legs can ache in from the knee to the foot and in the thigh area.My knees are very painful aswell.I have trouble walking later in the evening especially if I have been standing all day at work or I have been sitting for too long.Stairs are very difficult aswell.It is very difficult to get an appointment to see my doctor so I have just posted a letter today to my doctor asking if I can have a ct scan of both legs and feet as I was referred by my hospital last Friday for a scan on my abdomen regarding feeling discomfort quite a bit with my hernia and I can get pains near to it aswell.I am thinking that doing all the scan at the same time would seem like sense.Just need to wait for my doctors reply.
  • Posted

Thanks ladies for your replies and support! Makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.
  • Posted

Hi, I had problems with my legs a few weeks back where my leg gave way and I fell down the stairs.... this was first thing in the morning. I linked it to some other medical condition that I have recently had surgery for, but now it seems reading yours and other comments that it could be related to the menopause. My right leg started to feel numb at the back and then I got pins and needles in the arch of the foot. The pain in the hip region got excruciating and suddenly my left leg gave way. So confused as to the symptoms were all in my right leg. The pain in the hips and lower back has increased and so invested in a tens machine. Not really helped. Feel like the menopuase is causing us women to fall apart. It's like waking up an seeing what life is going to throw at us today. x
    • Posted

Yes, the exactly it feels like "falling apart" I also feel that menopause also means speedy aging! sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.