sore and burning

Posted , 10 users are following.

Have any of you been really sore around your rectum had burning and

rough patches there? The skin isn't white, more reddish. I've been using A&D ointment but it isn't helping as much as it had been. What other cream or ointment would be good? Thank you

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

its not a cream...but i hope this helps...maybe to reduce inflammation in the bowel tract:             i've started making dandelion coffee in a glass cafetierre with warm coconut milk that i make myself inorder to avoid coffee.....although i hear organic 'bullet proof' coffee....made with organic butter blended in in a high speed blender keeps out the allergens that are in the puss filled cows milk of today. just a thought in case you are reacting x
  • Posted

Hello Gorky,  I have just been diagnosed with LS - or should I say Self Diagnosed.  I have had an itchy Anus for a number of years.  The first time I mentioned this to the Dr she said it would be an "itch-scratch-itch" problem  and to try and stop scratching.  After a couple of years I plucked up courage to speak to the Dr again and was given a cure all cream. anyway recently I got talking to a friend and lo and behold she had LS and as she described it I realised this was what I had, especially when she said her skin had gone white.  By this time my LS had moved round to the creases at the top of my legs.  I went back to the Drs and told her I thought this was what I had and after a quick examination she agreed.

I have been on Clobetasol twice daily for a week then once daily for 1 week and twice a week thereafter, also I have Dermoll 500 cream and shower gel and Oilatum for the bath.  This has all helped immensely but I am now getting sore and my skin is peeling.  Could this be the dead skin off the LS ? And hopefully will sort itself out.

Thankyou for bringing awareness to LS as not only being on the vaginal parts but can also be on the anus too.

• Posted

I would get it properly diagnosed if I were you. You cannot be certain without that! Peeling is not part of LS as far as I know. Being on the legs is another odd thing for LS. They scrape a bit of skin from the white patches and check that! 
    • Posted

Not aware of LS causing peeling but there is another condition lichen planus that may be causing you problems as it often affects women with lichen sclerosis or they can actually be misdiagnosed at first and have LP not LS.  Only a biopsy will diagnose correctly.
    • Posted

I'm not sure what the peeling is from. Doesn't sound like much fun. This is a frustrating problem to have. Maybe check with your doc to see what's going on. Sorry you're so sore.
  • Posted

Hi I was recently diagnosed and found my bum was pretty itchy even though the doc said there didn't appear to be symptoms of LS on there. I have been given dermovate to use 2x daily for a month (then 1x daily for a month and then every other day for a month), i have been using it on my bum 2x is this too much if there isn't scarring etc? because my bum was actually bleeding today so now i'm a little worried! thank you!
    • Posted

maybe ease up on the steroid...are you smearing it?...maybe try to pinpoint the application solely to the white patches?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.