Sore area

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am ill again.  Partly my own fault for being gullible.  

I bought a Dairy free Ice cream book that stated I could use ghee in some of the recipes (which is supposedly free of casein, and lactose) and I believed them.  Unfortunately I just happened to be one of the people that it didn't work for, and I have had a severe reaction from it, nausea, acid reflux, rash, severe headache.  But worst than that I now have something that  I have never ever experienced before with  Lichen Schlerosus, and that is a large sore area just near my Vjay which is agony, I think many of the woman on this site have talked about this before, but I was always fortunate enough not to experience that.  I am hopping in and out of a bath three times a day, and I cannot believe how sore it is and so I just hope that as I get better this will go away and I will never have to experience this again!!!  

Perhaps someone could remind me what to put on this, do I just put soothing cream on this area, or Vaseline, because quite honestly its red raw and I cannot imagine putting Clob on it.

I suppose the reason why I am sharing this is for some of the woman that understand the connection between LS and diet.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you're having a bad time here... I have no particular advice to offer as I am newly diagnosed and still learning about LS management. I would be interested, though, in others' responses re dietary links? Are there generally foodstuffs/groups to be avoided with LS or is this personal to the individual? 
  • Posted

Sorry that you are suffering so much. Definitely a diet connection for me. Since I have gone dairy, sugar and gluten free I have got rid of my symptoms. I probably stick to it about 90% of the time and find thats OK. If I really indulge I find it can flare up for a short time. I also take celadrin, which I started taking about the same time as diet changes and think that helps too. I don't use any steriods or creams at all now. Hope you find relief in diet changes x

• Posted

this is very encouraging as i am trying to follow this route...about to start a 'green cleanse'.
  • Posted

I think you have to use a tiny bit of Glob Guppy, or it will turn in a full fledged flare up. 

It is so easy to make mistakes like that.  All of a sudden you feel that typical sensation that goes with LS.  What did I eat?????  is usually the first thing I ask myself.  

• Posted

Thank you!   I have put the Clob on, it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, but it may be that my salt baths have soothed it a bit this morning.   I was sat in the tub at 6.30 a.m this morning. I also noticed another smaller area which I had missed and so I put some on there too...

Mary, I am Gluten and Dairy free and therefore if I slip up by accidentally ingesting either of the two, it acts as a serious irritant to my Lichen Schlerosus.   

I do believe that for some woman making some changes in their diet can make a significant difference to their quality of life.  I think for woman that have moderate to severe LS and OLP than it is worth taking these measures.  However I don't believe this applies to everyone, as we are all very different, and in some instances some women with this disorder will get better (go into remission) without any treatment, or dietary changes.

• Posted

And with sugarry stuff, like too many oranges, too much fruit in general, I start to drink lots of filtered water.  Depends on the mistake I made.  
    • Posted

Yes I am drinking lots of water, and I wont be touching anything sweet at all for a while.  I think you said that every time these slip ups happen it hits you harder, and your right  which is why I have to be more carefull in future.
    • Posted

thanks for the reminder to drink...filtered water. i just read that old age is about 'drying up' a process of dehydration literally from not drinking enough!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted

I think you need to use the Clobetosol Guppy. 😥 during day maybe Sudacrem which should be soothing and protect it. X
    • Posted

Thanks I will definitely get some of that Sudacrem, I have not tried it before..Heck I have never needed it before!
  • Posted

For me, creams that cave 40% zinc oxide in them work. I do not get an ointment, I get a cream... It usually says " maximum or original strength" those with less zinc oxide do not work for me. I think if you are in the UK it might be called a napie cream.
  • Posted

I get immediate relief with just a dab of 100 percent aloe vera ointment purchased at health stores, George's by name.  We are in arizona on extended vacation hiking, golfing etc and i developed a deep sore on dried lips.  Within one day the aloe vera healed it.  It has the same effect for me on a vulvar flare.
    • Posted

Thank you both, I have seen that aloe vera ointment online and its not expensive, and so I am going to order it..thank you.
  • Posted

Oh Guppy, I have only just come across your thread...how I feel for you. I think that you should continue with the steroids as I it is an anti inflammatory, however loads of  tlc and barrier creams are also necessary, keep up with the barriers, sadly we have to be so alert to the triggers of our flare ups, I am really thinking I should put my advice into action personally, ie keeping a proper diary ...I get rather lax when all is ok

take care of yourself ...I hope things are calming down for you, best wishes

sue

• Posted

Thanks Sue, I did put on the Glob, morning and night and then I switched to some nappy rash cream for a while that worked very well.   Today when I got up it felt a lot better, and so I am feeling like it might be getting better, not sure, possibly too early to say, but fingers crossed.biggrin 
    • Posted

a food diary? is that it? sounds like a very good idea....I may try that too to keep on top of potential triggers
    • Posted

good luck guppy, thanks for raising this. Wishing you well x what nappy rash cream was it?
    • Posted

Lizzie, I used Desitin, its for babies, and it can be found in lots of pharmacies, and you can also buy it online, it works a treat, best thing I have tried so far, sticks like glue.

I just wanted to add something, something that I have not mentioned before, because I am not sure it's helpful or not,  but after putting the Clob on this sore area (as in my original post) things seemed fine, for a couple of days, and then I had something far far  worst happen, I had a complete breakout around my Vjay and anus, this red rash was a first! and it ran all the way up the crack of my butt! I was horrified, and so it has made me a little  wary now with using Clob, someone once said on this site that after applying the cream it seemed to make things worst, they may or may not be right!  Anyway I am not saying I am correct here, just that this was the FIRST time I had applied Clob to the skin around my Vjay and the results seemed to trigger something far worst, of course I may be completely wrong here, I had of course eaten something that my body did not like, so it could have just been that, I dont know,  but I just wanted to mention this, let people know. 

Now I only use Clob if my clitoris feels sore, and I am not using it every week for maintenance, as I have no rash or whiteness, everything looks fine at the mo,  I am however, doing the necessary spraying after using the bathroom, and lubricating, and this I think is working fine, as I have had no more fusion in that area, I don't think I want to risk using it again  on the skin around my Vjay, and if the same thing happened again I would use something else now instead of Clob for that particular area....

• Posted

i appreciate the care you are taking. you seem to be getting back on top of this. well done x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.