Sore boobs

Posted , 4 users are following.

my last period was about 6 months ago,  I'm 55.  Been having a relatively good go of it.  I take a low dose birth control pill for hot flashes etc.  Thing is my breaths are sore.  Nothing terrible but aching sometimes!!

anyone have this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ok....I meant to say breasts!!!
  • Posted

It's ironic that you posted this because I am 54 and haven't had a period in 4 months and suddenly my breasts have been very sore. I think I spotted a tiny bit the last 2 days but my breasts feel like I'm getting my period. They haven't hurt since June. They just started hurting a couple days ago when I noticed some spotting. I just chalk it up to another hormone fluctuation and still heading towards menopause. Doesn't concern me though

• Posted

I guess that's the beauty of it.  Just chalk it up to hormones!!

• Posted

Wow....I was just saying to my husband today how my breasts feel like they did before my period would start... tender, especially the nipple area. I've also noticed over the past few weeks that they feel fuller, like they used to be!

I am also 55 and a year ago had a hysterectomy with ovaries left in so I don't really know where I would be in my cycle but have felt over the past few months like my estrogen levels are diminishing. My last period was two weeks before hysterectomy...exactly a year ago this week.

• Posted

Hi cookie,

Funny you should post this. Mine are sore now as im premestral. I haven't had this in a long time and just started bio identical progesterone 6 days ago. However, I'm in a good spirits so I will take the sore boobs over the crazy moods anyday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.