Sore Bottom

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is having a Sore Bottom part of Lichen Sclerosis. I went to the Doctor's a month ago, he gave me anti fungal cream. I have been using it ,and also putting Calendula cream on top of it. I don't know if by keeping the area moist it is helping or not . The Soreness moves from one area to another. It's driving me nuts. Any ideas x

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

It does sound as if you may have LS. First of all I have always been told to shower and not bath. Also to wash "down there" with tepid water, not hot and to dry thoroughly after your shower with a hair dryer if possible. Moist is not good..... but impossible to keep dry. For the past three weeks I have used the following:- 4 tablespoons of castor oil mixed with 1 DROP lemon Grass Essence Oil and 2 DROPS Lavender Essence Oil (do NOT exceed the drops) I haven't had an itch once. It is like a dream come true so please try it. Just dip your finger in the mixture and apply. I do it at night after my shower. 

Good luck and I hope you don't have LS but it does move around from place to place I have always found.

• Posted

Hi Jan , sorry I should have said I was diagnosed with Lichen sclerosis four months ago. I have had the sore bottom for nearly as long. I am still using the steroid cream, but my bottom has and is sore. Thank you for your reply x
    • Posted

Hello Jan, I just wanted to ask, do you apply your caster oil mix every day or just when you have 'the itch'? Thanks Dee

• Posted

Hi Dee

I use it every night after . Still feeling great! It's not going to do any harm using it every day, unlike the steroid cream which eventually makes your skin so thin. Jan 

• Posted

Thinking about it Dee, I would use the castor oil mixture in the mornings as well. I am not doing that at the moment because I am using Desitin cream in the mornings for 3 months for a lesion. If the lesion doesn't clear up then I have to have it cut out.

• Posted

Thanks Jan. I hope you op for the lesion is successful, sounds very painful. I put some of the oil mix around my labia and back passage are the other night and I was really sore the next day. Not sure why but the back passage didn't seem to like it at all. Will stick to the front in future. There are do many differing options and opinions about what seems to work, it's all very trial and error as far as I can tell.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that the mixture didn't work too well for you. It's hard to understand as it seems so gentle. I used a dropper from a nose drop bottle for the oils and it is a small dropper. Maybe a bigger dropper would result in there being too much Lemon Grass Essence oil as it is very strong. I have had LS for over 30 years and didn't even think until a month ago to look for a forum like this and try various things. So far I am so much better but if I have a problem again I think I will also try the Borax in the bath water that so many people have mentioned. I am also going to buy some Australian Dream Cream that someone mentioned. I am very scared about my future as far as the LS is concerned as I have a lot of, what looks like tiny moles, that have appeared over the past year. Very worried indeed. Good luck with everything. Jan

• Posted

Wow Jan that's scary. I too have noticed 2 tiny black mole like dots that have appeared. What's all that about, what are they and why have they appeared. I wonder if anyone else has seen this happen. I might start a new thread....

• Posted

The LS affects the vaginal area along with the rectum area. I started using wipes with Aloe(unscented) after going to the bathroom. Really helped clear up the soreness (felt galted) in the rectum area.
  • Posted

I forgot to mention I was diagnosed with Lichen sclerosis four months ago. I have had the soreness on my bottom for at least three of the four months. x
    • Posted

I too had an extremely sore rectum.  After using the toilet, it could be described as "ring of fire" painful to even sit down. After many months and at least 3 doctor appointments and being told "it's the menopause" I took myself off to the "sexual health" clinic. Thank god I did. He explained in great detail how Lichens often sits in a figure of 8, circling both the vagina and anus. Splitting, fine paper cuts and unbearable burning were common. Sure husband did not believe my excuses not to have any sex. (Apparently it looked normal to him)

Two weeks of Clobber twice a day made me feel normal again.  I joined this site and for the past year have tried many of the recommendations and am able to keep this under control. 

Try anything and everything possible. You can certainly improve on your current predicament.

Lots of luck x

• Posted

Hi plain chocolate, 

I had it from the front to the back all blistered and so sore I couldn't work, doc gave me numbing gel to enable me to put the clobber on. I now wipe with e 45 cream to keep area moisterised. I use clob every week to keep it at bay. Only wear cotton underwear too xx

• Posted

Diagnosed with LS a month ago.  Not yet using Clob.  I want to confirm with biopsy before I start on Clob.  I have used Australian Dream cream on my joints with arthritis for two years now.  I really helps.  Decided to try it on my LS also.  I rub it into the whole area - anus and vulva - twice a day.  It takes a couple of weeks to really start working.  I started Australian Dream 3 weeks ago, and now I have no more bruising, no bleeding cracks, and very little itching.  My left labia minora is getting "longer".   There are two ingredients in Australian Dream that I see as helping for our purposes.  1. Histamine dihydrochloride (the main ingredient) dilates blood vessels.  I can understand how a vasodilator could allow more blood flow to the fused/scarred area to allow for healing. 

2. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)  is an anti-inflammatory. 

The cream does not smell or burn.  You can google the ingredients, to see what else is in the cream.  Glucosamine and Condroitin may help to rebuild connective tissue. 

I was going to try to Borax treatment, but have decided to wait on that because the ADC is working so well.

I see the GYN doc in three weeks for the biopsy. 

• Posted

Hi Plain Chocolate 🍫 

Sounds very much like LS.  Have you had biopsy to confirm LS ?? 

Perhaps you need to Zap area with a steroid ointment to get it under control 

I have LS had it for 16 years

It first cruised down my Vagina after fusing my clitoris hood and over the years has changed the architecture of my vulva and sometimes I just didn't know it was there !! Sneaky silent Ugly 👹 Cruel Condition.  

It has affected my perineum and anus. An area hard to keep stable.  

Cracks and tears and itching was driving me CraZy 

I bought a portable bidet, always after using toilet I wash with Dermol and dry with hairdryer.  Using a little bit of Dermol to moisturise.  

I also watch diet pretty carefully tho not ruled by it 😉  

Certainly don't eat SUGAR or any processed foods Or Dairy and no red meat    Eating clean kind of makes sense   

my LS has been more manageable of late   Oh and I take a sachet of Fibrogel most days to keep stools soft 

I use Betnovate to keep control if I have flare up. 

Everyone is different so trial and error it is until you find something that suits your minerals 

All the best sweetheart ??

• Posted

Hi Plainchocolate,

I have too have exactely your problem, i've got the itch around my undercarrige under control, but my back passage is brutal, can't do anything with it, My Doctor had a look a few weeks ago & was horrified how red raw, inflamed & swollen it is, She has actually changed my steriod cream, & for the life of me i can't remember what it's called, i will re-post it as soon as i can, but for me it has been a massive improvement, She seems to think my skin my have become immune to the the Clob as i've been using it for around 3 yrs. I don't know how long the situation will stay improved for but at the moment, I'm so enjoying the respite from it & sorry to sound disgusting, but it has actually improved bowel motions too. I will find out the name & post as soon as i can , hope this may help, xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.