Sore bottom

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ladies my bottom between the butt cheeks is really red and hurts like heck.  I dk if this has to do with the ls.   But it hurts and I’m uncomftorable exspecially at work.   Is there anything I can put there to help the soreness?  This started after wiping so much because I’ve been sick with the flu.  I just went into the bathroom and it’s really red.   Usually I get sore wiping because of the ls.  So I dk  Thanks for the help. 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Oh gosh, Sarah 47. How uncomfortable.   have you read of using castor oil? except at work that might be difficult to not stain cloths.  I've seen others mention using the diaper rash ointments that have vitamin A and E in them with ZINC - the white cream that won't "run" on you. 

Hope that helps...  

• Posted

Thank you for the advice.   It hurts so bad I could cry.   Sounds dumb but it’s true 
  • Posted

Poor you Sarah,

Just to say I do find my Sitz ( sp ?) bath handy. Plastic" bidet" fill with warm water put seat up on toilet then sit in it. £10.00 from eBay. Easy for me as basin and toilet are next to each other.

Hope you feel better soon

Maggie X

• Posted

HI Sarah, it sounds like your tush is tired and needs a break! Try a warm wet washcloth for 15 minutes if you can. You can also try Recticare which is in almost all pharmacies. I'ts by hemmorhoid cream usually.   It's 5% lidocaine and takes the pain away.  If the redness continues... get to a doctor... I would meanwhile also try laying on a warm wet cloth for 20 minutes and see if that helps soothe your tushie.  Best wishes... take care. 

• Posted

Thank you.   I thought the itchy anus was bad but this is almost worse.  
  • Posted

Hi Sarah I have the same prob with my LS. Used Emuaid for ages with good results but recently not so effective so a couple of days ago started to use a potion of Oregano oil and coconut oil with amazing results ; no itching/burning more comfortable at night so I can sleep through. 

I mix 5 drops oregano oil with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. After  a while you can increase the number of oregano oil - as it’s quite strong. Because of the consistency of the CO it mixes into a lovely ‘cream’ which I then put  into small cosmetic tub and carry with me all the time!

Hope this helps and you find relief. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you.  I really appreciate it.  I tried to ask the nurse for advice at work but it’s embarrassing.   
  • Posted

Try liquid coconut oil. Grocery store, cooking section. I have that issue back there as well. Fun! You don't have to soak it down, but I put some on my fingers, half a tablespoon or a little less and coat it all over that in between area. Need enough to be slippery but not so much you feel messy. Hope that helps.

• Posted

Someone mentioned diaper rash cream... Just wanted to say:

Flander's Buttocks cream. Best stuff I've EVER used. I have four children. Been through them all!. Behind the counter. Usually, pharmasist has to order for me. Lasts a long time too. No burning, no menthol. Only drawback is it's the color of Coco mix. So for kids/adults it may turn the undies light brown unless you spot treat the cotton crotch. We use it on everything. Pediatric doctor told me about it years ago. My mom still keeps some at her house even though my kids are not babies now. We use it on face, arms, etc. Great healing. Pass info along to mom's with babies & little kids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.