Sore breast

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone my health anxiety is crazy right now... my right breast is slightly sore and is sensitive to touch..check regularly but can't feel any difference..My mind thinks straight away C word..i also have moveable lumps in my neck which i have visited the doctors for although I'm the only person who can feel them..any advice?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Chantelle.....I'm sure every woman will identify with your fears but I wonder if you are a bit obsessive with your bodily examinations.

We all have moveable lumps in our necks,and its only when they enlarge that a doctor will be concerned.        If you are genuinely concerned about your breast then you must go to your doctor, for a proper examination as you could have a slight infection.  Your doctor will also examine your armpits for enlarged lymph nodes.

Its recommended that you dont examine your breasts more than once a month....mid way between periods is best. That way any difference  will be very obvious.

• Posted

Hi marina yea the bodily checks are becoming very obsessive now..saw Dr in regards to my neck today who was able to reassure me if was thyroid cartilage and nothing to worry about..so now the obsession is my breast which are sore from being checked ebrryday sad honestly don't no what to do

• Posted

Chantelle, if you saw your doctor didnt you mention your breast concerns?.   
    • Posted

Hi marina saw docs about 2 weeks ago breast was checked all was fine said it was most likely down 2 hormones however I still check everyday n i mean check a number of times a day!
  • Posted

Chantelle, your doctor has given you excellent advice......try to concentrate on something other than your breast.
    • Posted

I do try Marina but sometimes the thoughts take over and I think yes have to check them now and so on...my right breast is sore at the moment but doesn't feel diff to left one and apart of me knows its probably down to the constant checking but i still feel i should make a docs app

• Posted

Chantelle ,if you feel you should see your doctor again then do make the appointment. Most doctors understand the anxiety that women go through when they feel something is wrong in that area.   Try to make the appointment one month from the last time you saw the doctor. That will give him/her a good idea of what is going on,
    • Posted

Hi marina thanks had an app with the doctor today who checked and tols me she had no concerns and that it was swollen from all the checking i had been doing..she advised to do it once a month x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.