Sore breast and armpit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I've been having pain in my left armpit and breast for just over a month. The pain kind of radiates from my breast into my armpit. 

I first noticed the pain when applying roll on deodorant. I have an appointment at the breast clinic on Wednesday. 

I've seen three different doctors and all of them have said they can't feel a lump. The last doctor said he felt some fibrous tissue...?! I'm terrified. The pain in my breast goes from an ache, to a stabbing pain, burning to almost nothing some days...

Anyway, I've been suffering crippling health anxiety ever since I first felt the pain. I've got myself so worked up that the stress/fear has actually made me vomit. ???

I have had a stressful year so far with several bouts of anxiety and a severe panic attack a few months ago. Could this pin be related to stress/anxiety?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate. I'm sorry to hear your pain problems..

How are you? Have you discover what it is? I have nothing to say to you. But just wanna share that my friend tried healthy diet together with a supplement that may also work for you. Qiara probiotics is her brand. Try looking for what it can treat you like such.

• Posted

I had the same issue. It ended up being nothing serious and completely related to hormones. I hope it's the same for you smile

• Posted

Wanted to say that I've had the same problem for the last few months. For me it's a combo of armpit and the side of the breast, only on the left one. Some days there's nothing, other days it hurts. I can't tell if it's due to my cycle or not. I can feel a very slight ropey, bumpy texture in the area, but honestly have no idea if it's always been there. I'm trying to find a doc to take on a new patient and let me know if it feels weird or not. So far haven't checked it out yet, but of course is worrying.

I'm wondering if you've had yours checks out again and if the new doc said anything different? Hang in there! 

• Posted

Ann try not to worry, I'm sure yours is the same issue as mine. They said at the clinic many women come in with breast pain and there could be many reasons for its cause. 

They suggested evening primrose oil might help. 

Do get it checked out by a doctor though, just for peace of mind. 

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I had it checked out at the breast clinic and they said everything is fine and women offend suffer inexplicable breast pain in one or both breasts. 

I had a ultrasound and they said it all looks normal.

They also said pain without any other symptoms is rarely anything serious.

My boobs are very small, so always wear padded bras. The comment about it being under wired bras causing the pain could be the case. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.