Sore burning pain in knee cap

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi.

Since Xmas I have been experienceing this burning pain in the left knee cap and just above. It happens when the joint has been in a bent position for some time, (In the night - sitting still etc).  If I try to straighten the leg it really hurts and I have to slowly work the joint till it settles down. When I forget and stand up sometimes I have to sit back down as I cannot take my weight on it. I Have Rheumatoid arthritis which has been more active since I fractured my shoulder last summer and the pain is similar to that I get in my fingers, again if they have been still for some time. As if the tendon is sticking.

Once it is gone it is fine untill the joint is still for too long again. I can walk fine with no pain at all.

Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am on Plaquenil  and Meloxicam full dose where I was on half before.

Thank you for reading

Jean x 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have RA as well I had TKR in August and still,in lots of pain, especially buying up the thigh and diwn the shin plus opposite hip.  Still not able to walk long distances with out stick, knee has given way on me twice. Been to knee clinic forbid weeks and have just started hydrotherapy 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have so much pain Linda. I hope the hydro works for you.  What is TKR ?

I found a link to my problem. Patellofemoral pain in the knee and another link there to something called chondomalaica (same symptoms, and another housemaids knee (very funny). Think I had better get docs advice.

Take care Jean x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.