Sore/burning Skin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else find that stress/anxiety and/or the meds cause certain parts of their skin to feel sore or burning even though there is no redness etc?

A couple of weeks ago before starting the meds the side of my neck felt sore or like it was burning for a few days and i think i read somewhere that anxiety can cause that? Now today my health anxiety has been quite bad and made me look at a mole on the front of my next near my collarbone, i had no soreness or anything there before but since i looked at it and worried the skin in that area now has that sore burning sensation, could i have caused that just by worrying?

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It's definitely anxiety related I get it mostly on my face, top of my head and my arms. It's like a hot burning tingling sensation but without the rash. I used to get it all day and all night before I started the meds. I still get it now from time to time but not as bad.

• Posted

Thanks its weird because its like i caused it today just by worrying about a certain area and now that area has the sensation

• Posted

I had horrendous burning in my legs, mostly thigh area. it felt like someone had a blow torch In front of me it was so bad.

• Posted

Ouch mines never that bad hope you are ok now. Mines more like a soreness but the sensation is hard to describe, its now started in one small area on my right forearm and my health anxiety has had me looking at my moles even though i know logically that they are not the cause

• Posted

The skin sensation/discomfort/pain/soreness/burning thing is on my forearm partway up my arm between my wrist and elbow. Its hard to describe the feeling and is only in a small area with no visible redness but is irritating and is causing me to worry due to my health anxiety

• Posted

put some bengay on it .the tingling sensation from the bengay will trick your nervous system to calm down.

• Posted

Whats that never heard of it before?

Ive also now got a burning stinging sensation on one side of my neck whereas the bit on my arm is more if a painful sensation

• Posted

bengay is a topical cream that is sold over the counter .is for pain in the muscles and has a tingling sensation feel to it .i use it thru out my 8months of suffering from sideeffects due to from the celexa.everytime i felt discomfort n burning sensations any where on my body i apply the cream.it works wonders.

• Posted

Thank you ill check it out

Where abouts did you used to get the skin soreness and/or burning? Mines always predominantly on the left hand side of my neck but occasionally low down on my right forearm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.