Sore eyes and numbness

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi there

I hope some of you can help me with this one - recently I have started to have weird sort of numbness around my eyes and my eyes are really sore too, like my eyeballs hurt.  Also my body is sore all over coming and going as if I am taking the flu, but I am not.  I have been to the doctor AGAIN and the optician just to be told I have "dry eyes" but they are really really painful.

The weird numb feeling around my eyes that is coming and going is scaring me the most of all of this.  Anyone else having this?

I really hope someone does get back to me soon as it is really worrying.

Thanks again

xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have recentaly started to get numbness myself in the face and dreadful pins and needles in my fingers at night, it's all part of the course sadly and heard of this from others before.....FYI dry eyes yes badly every day.
    • Posted

Thanks, Astrid

It's good to know I am not on my own with this one!

x

• Posted

Hey dear.  Dry eyes can make you feel dreadful.  I have dry eyes and have a prescription even. Use the drops for dry eyes (visine) and that will make you feel better and the pain/numbness feeling should go away.  Good luck!  Everyone must be out shopping! 🎅🎄🎁
    • Posted

Dottie, thanks for the advice.  Have got some different drops so might try the ones you recommend. 

Too early for shopping!!

x

• Posted

I've heard of dry eyes but not numbness. I'd be speaking to my GP
  • Posted

Hi Jo,

Yes I have that feeling, it's almost like a crawling, tingly, numb skin feeling, my eyes are really sore as if I haven't slept and I also have pain in my left temple. I think I am coming down with the flu daily, my back hurts, legs ache and even my fingers hurt. Think there is no set rule to symptoms as they seem to vary day to day. My mouth is also very dry, I suppose mucous membranes effected are part and parcel of this wonderful syndrome. Wonder what delights await tomorrow.

Juleann

• Posted

Hi Juleann

It is such a relief to hear someone else's symptoms sound like mine! Along all the other ones you just mentioned, I have nausea, sore boobs with stabbing pains, et cetera, and pain that seems to come and go not only in my joints but also my muscles, just in random places. My GP referred me to a rheumatologist as she thought I maybe had fibromyalgia, but guess what? No. He didn't know what it was! Anxiety, he thought! Of course I am anxious I feel like my body is going to hell in a handbasket!

Jo

• Posted

Me as well, dry sore tired eyes, at times blurred vision, tingling in fingers, anyone else have blurred vision, some days not as bad?
    • Posted

Hi Loretta

Yes I do indeed. That is what eventually led me back to the optician as I thought I was going blind in one eye! Got some drops and they help a bit but I feel as if I need to keep blinking sometimes so I can see properly!

Jo

• Posted

Hi I have numbness around my eyes and sometimes my nose . I have had a scan which found I had multilevel spondilosis . This can also cause numbness and pain in other parts of your body . Hope this helps 
  • Posted

I had the same thing a while back and the G.P diagnosed it as trigeminal neuralgia but I don't think it was and after reading your symptoms Joanna, I reckon it's just another menopause symptom!...the menopause...it just keeps on giving !! Haha😄
  • Posted

Hi, Joanna. Bothering thing this one, by my experience it gets better when our hormons stabilize. Anyway, sometimes it is bad and stings, specially in the morning, and in the worse days I noticed a puffness but never had any numbness. Maybe you should come back to your doctor just to put you at easy. And get him to recommend you some drops.  I was told by my doctor to avoid Visine. Xx
  • Posted

Hi I have been suffering from dry eyes for a while now. I’ve been using potted eye drops and it does wonders as it leaves keeps my eyes fresh in the morning. But recently I’ve been getting this weird numbness feeling around my left eye and also my eyeball and eyelashes hurt when I touch them. Is this normal? I’m so worried, I can’t even get it checked out as it’s a Sunday today. The doctors keep saying it’s JUST dry eyes! 
    • Posted

Optrex* eye drops 
  • Posted

Yh I'm having the same problem just that itsxwhen I'm opening my eyes feel weird I'm hoping it's not serious aswell it's scary tho

• Posted

It is a releaf to read all your stories as it helps to reassure me I am okay. I have come to a conclusion that menopause, stress and anxiety are the cause of all my symptoms. I can relate to all your symptoms and others in chain of discussions. I too have reoccurring numbness in hands, arms, legs etc. And sometimes shooting pains in muscles. It started with stomach issues a year ago where I lost 15 pounds the first month. Still waiting for scope but things have improved. My nightmare started in September when after experiencing the feeling of pressure both sides of head I was at work and couldn't see the computer words then experienced what they said was ocular migraine or huge black arch in field of vision with dancing lights. Two days later woke up with one eyelid closed and eyeball so numb I could not see. It was like eyeball asleep. Had mri all normal. Since then I have experienced the eyelid droop only during the night several times. My eye is numb like and blurry. Saw neurologist and she ruled out ms. Awaiting m gravis blood results but I expect negative. She did say I had dry eye and so do eyedropper r times a day with more viscous drops at night. Use hot compress for 15 minutes every morning and night. I haven't had more eyelid droop and although eyes tire easily they are bit better. Extreme fatigue and contact lump like feeling in throat. Anxiety and emotional at times. I have come to conclusion after all my tests that menopause is the cause. This brings about the sore books, dry eye, anxiety, fatigue, numbness and tingling...the works. I wish there were more support groups for this sort of thing so we all don't think we are dying! I think after a thorough ruling out of a medical issue we need to focus on our new normal, get more sleep, Google less, do yoga, meditate, massage and give thanks that's all we have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.