Sore eyes for a year

Posted , 4 users are following.

On and off with sore and burning eyes .Does anyone else suffer from this ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Karen Yes I have this bt it is due to dry eyes syndrome .I think youshould see an ophthalmologist aboutthis .  Take care  Jane xx
  • Posted

As the others have said, this is most likely blepharitis and/or dry eyes. I have both of these and they cause sore and burning eyes. You can get eye drops for the dry eye and the blepharitis can be helped (but not always cured) by a routine eyelid cleaning regime and a hot compress. Perhaps have a look at the blepharitis group posts on here. Blepharitis is a very frustrating condition and some treatments seem to work well for some people and not others. People also suffer with varying severities of this condition.

?Obviously, you should see a doctor or opthamologist to confirm that this is definately what's wrong with your eyes. Don't leave it undiagnosed and untreated because some people do get eye infections as a complication, which are sometimes avoidable with routine maintenance of the condition.

All the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.