Sore flank area with no other symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past week my flank area has been a bit sore on both sides. It's at it's worse at the end of a busy day where I've done a lot of moving around. It's my flank area and then also up my back and onto my spine. I've always had issues with back pain but never in my flank area which makes me think this might be my kidneys. I got some blood work done a few months ago and my kidney function looked fine and the other day I tested my own urine at home using urinalysis strips and everything looked fine but I'm still worried my kidneys are in danger. There is no pain or discomfort when I urinate. My urine isn't smelly, cloudy, or bubbly. It's just this soreness in my flank. I don't feel it most of the time, it's mostly when I move around or press down on the area. Sometimes I can feel it ache just a tiny bit when I'm at rest. Any idea what this could be?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.