Sore gums and bleeding.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello, this past couple of day i have had a really dry mouth and been constantly licking gums and now one side i notice my gums are bleeding and sore what could cause this?

i have been under a lot of stress lately also i don't know if that has anything to do with it?image

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i recommend u see a dentist or doctor it could be a number of causes from gum disease to as simply as brushing the teeth to hard

• Posted

i have been brushing my teeth more then usual because i have dry mouth my tongue gets this layer of white and i brush constantly to remove it?

• Posted

the white layer could be oral thrush hence the dryness wat i recommend is u see a doctor they will prescribe a mouth rinse or tablets

• Posted

the white will keep coming back until its treated brushing to much is just going to make the situation worse

• Posted

1. I think Kim is right don't brush your teeth so much or so hard. Use a softer toothbrush. You could cause your gums to recede doing that and then you'd have issues from that. Can cause pain and sensitivity . You should def see a dentist. Dry mouth can be a sign of sicca syndrome or Sjogren's. Do get it checked out.
    • Posted

i spoke to him via inbox he also has thrush on the penis dry peeling skin so im sure he has oral thrush aswel

• Posted

hi yes I agree. But those symptoms ca. point to something underlying. My sister has sicca syndrome and was plagued with thrush same way. Took quite some time to get it under control.

• Posted

ye i agree does need further when i had it in the mouth i had blood test taken to check for a compromised immune system all tests came back clear thank god

• Posted

further investigation is what i meant to put

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.