Sore hands using crutches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had walking boot for a week now been told to use crutches by doctor I seem to be putting all my weight into my hands on the crutches any advice how I can put it into the boot instead of my hand. I have the boot for 2 more weeks until I go back.

I feel like I'm so uneven aswelll so have ordered a pair of trainers to try and even out a bit

I really want to get out of this boot but obviously can't until the doctor says it's ok. But I feel it would be much better without the boot as I'm so unsteady

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I fractured my distal fibula in 2012 and had a cast for 6 weeks and a boot for 2 weeks. I know your pain with the crutches! my advise is maybe fine something soft like a sock and put it on the handle (or use lots of duct tape to make it soft and put a sock over it) Honestly it isn't as stupid as it sounds, loads of people do this including myself. I would keep it on if the doctor says so. You will get used to the uneven-ness. But like I said try and get something thats cushioned for your crutch handle smile Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you. I can deal with the handles I'm going to put something else on them. It's the in even ness I can't. Surely it has to b easier being the same level I will keep at it but I'll b glad to get rid of it n b even again. I can't really get out of the house unless I'm taken as the uneven ness is too much how did u manage outside on your own

• Posted

Well I was 12 at the time, so I had to attend school with 3 flights of stairs. I kind of got used to it really. But, as you said, using taller shoes may help take the edge off but picturing it now it may look silly, but i'm not sure. You could ask someone to push you in a wheelchair? Thats what they did with me smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.