Sore, itchy, tingling anus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a gay man, usually active rather than passive. I experimented with receiving anal penetration earlier this year. The most recent episode was over two months ago. Since then I have had soreness, itching and tingling in my anus. It's really getting on my nerves. I have been seen by the sexual health clinic. They have taken rectal swabs and screened my blood. They examined my rectum. They said there was no sign of inflammation or mucus. They have drawn a blank; no Syphilis, no Gonorrhoea, no Chlamydia. I have tried taking Aciclovir in case it is Herpes, but that has not alleviated the discomfort. I have tried applying Anusol in case it is internal piles, but that causes a stinging sensation.

I am at my wit's end. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not a medical professional but... Have you considered the possibility of having worms? Pinworms can cause tingling. Although I'm sure they'd show up during an exam... Might still be worthwhile examining different possibilities.

• Posted

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think it is worms though. The constant soreness is what is getting me down.

• Posted

Have you changed you diet? I do keto diet and one of the supplements I take has I think its an artificial sweetener that can cause itching like you mentioned. I just looked at the can but can't remember what it was

• Posted

I was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic in June and started taking Metformin. But my bum problem started before then. One retired doctor I know suggested it could be a yeast infection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.