Sore joints

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am noticing that i am so stiff and sore when i get out of bed or stand up after sitting too long a week or so before period. I am 50. Went 5 mos no period and it came back last month for 11 days. Also my lower calves feel tight/tired/achy. Anyone else?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i am 42 been in peri at 35. AS a result of peri i got very fertile and had two kids ages 5 and 7 but anyway back to your subject lol. I have been suffering from stiff knees and aching hands with lower back pain since i was 36. Im so used to it now that i just block the pain out because i know its just due to peri

• Posted

i am 42 been in peri at 35. AS a result of peri i got very fertile and had two kids ages 5 and 7 but anyway back to your subject lol. I have been suffering from stiff knees and aching hands with lower back pain since i was 36. Im so used to it now that i just block the pain out because i know its just due to peri

• Posted

• Posted

Oh yes. Feel like a truck hit me sometimes. I wonder if this is how I'll feel for the rest of my life.

• Posted

Yes...been having this also for years off and on. Your not alone.

• Posted

Yes.. I too feel like this and often wonder what I did the day before. At times I do feel like 80 and never thought that 50 would be like this. I just do my best with stretching and moving around as I believe if you just sit, it will get worse. I take a water fitness class which helps alot!! I have mag in my calcium pil and then at night I take extra magnesium for joints and sleep.

• Posted

Menopause is full on after not having a period for a year. Joint pain I take turmeric/w biopeperin. Bearer of bad news but menopause disrupts your whole system and it sucks. I am going on 4 years. I started going through this at 47. I became gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, have flashes, joint pain, blurred vision when reading, higher blood pressure. This is just part of what menopause does to a woman's body. I have always been healthy and active, but now I am taking vitamins to alleviate some of these ailments I listed. I still stay active but at night I have heating pads to relax by aching joints and muscles. I take tumeric with biopepprin for joints, cinnamon for blood sugar, beat root for blood pressure along with low dose blood pressure pill, milk thistle to make sure good liver function, cholestroff for keeping down bad cholesterol, lutein for eyesight. That is mostly what I take because I will not take prescription medications because of the horrific side affects. All women have different symptom s but it sure seems like a lot are having what I am going through. I will tell you it is frustrating but you will survive to keep a positive attitude and experiment with a vitamin regimen that will work for you to keep you healthy and living a good life.

• Posted

Hi Robin yes I totally relate it's like we turn 80 when we go through this phase of our life everything aches .

It's become the norm to wake up stiff in the morning for me but I promise that stretching throughout the day as much as you can really helps especially hamstring stretches downward dog position just hanging your head down below your knees Ragdoll style as much as you can opens up the spine

Xox

• Posted

Robin, I could have written your note... except I haven't had a period since Sept. and I just turned 52. My lower legs are driving me nuts! Burning all the time as if I just ran a marathon. Mostly while sitting at my desk in the morning trying to write. I do think stretching helps but I still haven't found the magic bullet. I'm hoping it's just one more of these crazy things that will subside over time, as most of my other peri symptoms have. I find it reassuring just to know one isn't alone going through these weird experiences-- helps with the health anxiety side. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.