Sore labia minora due to sweat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi yesterday was really hot where I live and my flat doesn't have good ventilation so I was sweating for quite a lot of yesterday, and this morning I woke up with a raw feeling left labia minora. I've showered with dermol 500, used baking soda spray and coconut oil throughout today. This has helped but it's still quite raw, could this be due to the sweating yesterday? I should have really showered last night but I was too tired. Any input will be appreciated 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think so.  I am an avid runner and immediately have to shower afterwards.   Some days I am left a little swollen and sore.  I just remember to shower, use coconut oil through the day and remember to rinse off after using the bathroom.  It also helps to sit in a tub with baking soda (for me).  Maybe next time try to shower before bed and I have also started wearing looser shorts. 

It sucks that we always have to stay on top of things.  I am battling a flare right now because I got lazy with my diet and daily routine of rinses/oil.  sad 

• Posted

Yeah I think it was lazy of me not showering last night, I won't make that mistake again. I'll try the baking soda bath as well, I've been wearing a skirt today so hopefully that will have helped it as well
    • Posted

I try my best to follow the AIP diet but it is hard. I have basically tried to change my lifestyle to all organic and all natural. We have nothing premade or frozen. We make everything from scratch now. I hav added kefir into my diet also for a probiotic. No sugar or gluten. I think my slip up was too much beer and fruit at a party. There are so many different opinions out there but I think everyone agrees on the sugar.
  • Posted

Heat is the enemy of LS. I was told never to use hot water when washing the area. So the sweating may have been an issue for you. Don't know if you know, but wearing skirts is good especially on hot days, with cotton slips and no underwear.cool

Even better than a shower is a soak. You can buy a sitz bath that will sit over a toilet seat. Saves water.

All the best!

Andrea

• Posted

yeah I've been wearing a skirt today, think I'll have to buy some more. I've been told before about sitz baths and they sound good so I might have to invest in one, thankyou for the advice 
  • Posted

Jessica, the coconut oil is helpful, but I would not use it when you have an area that is already very sore. I think that after bathing/soaking in a bath the area needs to be kept clean, sweat free, but more importantly DRY..   I have found a little bit of salt in  a bottle of water to spray my undercarriage after using the bathroom works better than the bic soda, (for me anyway.)   So, why not try to not put anything on the area for a couple of days (after bathing) and see if you notice a difference.  The whole area must be allowed air, and must be dry. Once you feel like your undercarriage is better, you can go back to using the coconut oil again.  Let us know how you get on. 
    • Posted

That's interesting about the salt, I'll have to try that as well. Do you use a specific salt? Is it organic? Do you think I should be applying clob at the moment or wait until it's settled down 
    • Posted

I use sea salt, normal salt contains sulfites to bleach it.  I wouldn't put anything on it for now, try to go a couple of days without putting anything on it, the thing is its all trial and error, I am telling you what works for me, and so I am hopeful it may work for you.  Remember the area needs to be super clean and dry at all times to get better, dont wear underwear as well if you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.