Sore lymph nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, am a 25year old female. I went bali last year and came back with cold/ flu symptoms. About a week after I started getting fevers for 4 days and my glands in the front of my neck started hurting.

After some blood test my doctor confirmed that i had some sort of infection, but after testing for all the obvious things like, gladar fever, toxoplasmosis, TB, HIV, hepetitis and so forth there is still no answer. about a year later my glands are still sore and i have to drink pain killers everyday. About 5 months from my previous blood test are all bordeline in the accpetable range.

my wbc/ neutrophilis and lymphocytes have all gone down quite a bit.

my ultrasound showed the glands in my neck to be 5mm which is also in the acceptable range.

personally i dont want to remove the lymph nodes, i just want to know what is causing the pain.

am i just bloody crazy?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, i honestly think you have nothing to worry about, it sounds like you picked up something and painful lymph nodes are actually a good sign as it means they are working properly. i have also been told that they may not return to a normal size even after the infection is cleared. i have one particular lymph node which always becomes painful during an infection or hayfever and it has just stayed enlarged over the years. if you notice the nodes getting larger or still have concerns i would go back to the GP. good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.