sore mouth.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, i am 22 years old and always seem to have lots problems with my mouth was at th dentist not so long ago, pretty much everything checked out fine, but something always appears to be wrong, I am hit with ulcers, alot, they do go away.. they never stay, but after few days of not having pain, something else seems to happen.. .currently my gums feel sore, I have checked and seen nothing there.. no white ish marks, so its not an ulcer, I have tried to change my diet alot, I used to be a heavly fizzy drinker and stopped, now I drink water.... but still hit with mouth problems, mouth ulces come and go,  my gums feel irriated right now, and I am stumped what else I can do, over the years I have been poorly keeping track of my oral hygeine ... so I am wondering, if this is what is causing my gums to feel this way..  when I started to take care of my teeth the first time I brushed my teeth proper  my gums  got really sore due too my gums being so sysative , but it did however go away, this was quite awhile go, now its like one part of my gum that feels sore, see nothing there no mouth ulcers, do you think I just need brush my teeth/gums 2 times a day? really unsure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you're brushing your gums when you brush your teeth, make sure you use a brush that is soft or designed for sensitive teeth.

It's good that you've cut out the fizzy drinks especially if they contained lots of sugar. It can take a while to get out of your system.

It's good to brush after each meal when possible and before bed.

If you use mouthwash at all don't use one containing alcohol and again use a sensitive type product.

Hope this is helpful.

• Posted

It sounds like gingivitus. You could try dipping floss into either tea tree oil or some high quality mouthwash( such as therabreath or another antimicrobial wash) and flossing everyday. When I ran out of mouthwash one time I dipped my floss in toothpaste which wasn't a bad idea either.. I also did oil pulling with extra virgin coconut oil and that helped with my gums when they were swollen and red.. But sore gums is usually a sign of gingivitus. Maybe you should go back to the dentist and let them know, but if they tell you it's normal I suggest you get a second opinion from another dentist. Not all dentists are the same.
  • Posted

Maybe you should get a second opinion or have the dentist refer you out to a periodontist . I have a girlfriend who had sore gums and her dentist put her on antibiotics but it continued so he referred her out and she had periodontal disease and she had to have all her teeth pulled. But try using a soft toothbrush if you're not already.
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies, but my gums are not red, its not sore near the teeth it's at the bottom part... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.