Sore mouth

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

I’m hoping someone might be able to relate to my symptoms and be able to offer some helpful advice.

I’m getting a really sore mouth and I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve got a dental problem or whether it’s related to acid reflux.

I find I suck anti acid mints to try to alleviate the soreness but the effect is very short lived. 

It’s much worse when I eat anything acidic especially fruit, like oranges for example .

What to drink in a pub??

I’ve tried slimline tonic but that seems to make my mouth worse so what I’d really like is just iced water but it’s not really the done thing is it? 

Can anybody suggest a non alcoholic drink other than water which might calm my sore mouth please ? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First of all , go to the dentist to rule out a dental problem . If that’s not it , next thing I would do is take a good probiotic . Talk to your doctor , just don’t let him give you Ppi’s.

as for what to drink in a pub , as long as you don’t know what’s going on , stick with water . Not much fun , I know . I only got a handle on all my reflux problems once I started the Ketogenic diet . Lost a bunch of weight too .

• Posted

Hi Rainbows end, 

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply to me. I’ve actually been to a hospital Oro facial maxillary unit (max fax) and had a dental X-ray and been told everything is OK.........although I’m just not convinced they’re right. 

I also get an intermittent blocked left ear. The soreness in my mouth is always on the left side too. I had a left sided upper molar extracted so it all fits that the cause of my problem is something dental. I’m awaiting another hospital maxfax appointment in September. 

As for PPI’s I’m already taking Omeprazole 20mgs  daily I’m afraid.

I like the sound of starting on probiotics though, but have no idea what they are nor a ketogenic diet. Could you please elaborate? 

Thank you

Jane 

• Posted

I sometimes get a sore tongue I find not sucking anything and staying soft no acidic or spivey foods helps and drink water or tea that's only just warm not hot 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.