Sore mouth/burning tongue caused by stress/anxiety

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi can anyone help

Ive been dealing with alot of stress and anxiety for a while now which has caused a whole range of symptoms.. more recently (about 2 weeks ago) my tongue has been feeling sore as if its been burnt its constant and very annoying! At night my mouth is also so dry and its difficult to sleep.. can this be caused by stress and anxiety ? It sometimes even feels like my lips are burning..

Anyone else had this please help..

Ive looked it up and seems like alot of per menapausal women get this.. i am in my mid twenties so i doubt its that !

Thanks

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Yes I thought it was only me , lately my anxiety has been through the roof , and one of my symptoms consist of the bottom left side of my face having a burning sensation , or my scalp or my entire mouth inside , its really scary and weird .
    • Posted

hi there, currently suffering from these symptoms, i also had GAD

have your symptoms recovered?

• Posted

Hello sally

Have you tried some mouth freshener, I get a dry mouth and it seems to be caused by bad breath,

Do you need to have a Dental Checkup, if you have problems with your teeth that can caus problems with breath and dry mouth espcially if you need some fillings

BOB

• Posted

Yeah i have good dental hygiene i actually been to dentist today and couldnt see anything wrong.. he did infact mention stress being a problem... just another symptom to add to the list sad sad

• Posted

Hello sally

Good having your teeth checked. Sometimes if you suffer Anxiety your tummy may be upset

If not already discuss your concerns with your GP

If you ned support we are here

BOB

• Posted

The tip of my tongue gets a burning sensation when anxiety starts to rear its ugly head. It also happens when I'm low on B vitamins, but mainly it comes with anxiety. I just have to ride it out, because I haven't found anything that helps yet.

• Posted

hi there, does this come and go for you? i have GAD but this is the first time experiencing burning mouth.

• Posted

Hi Sally

I am sooo with you on this. A few years ago I started having a painful tongue. I went through all the checks to no avail. Then it started to really hurt when I ate spicy food. This past year I dealt with a lot odd issues and life is better and the tongue pain is gone!

• Edited

HI

I'm suffering too!

Feels like pins and needles in the end of my tongue, it's sore in the middle at he back and the sides are too. It's really getting me down now as it's been like this for a good 2 weeks.

I'm also really anxious so my throat is tight and sore. Hate feeling this way!

Doctor no help at all, 😭

• Edited

this os exactly my symptoms. i thought i had all types of stds i got checked for everything and it was negative. im going nuts

• Posted

i had an encounter 5 months ago got a coated tongue and my mouth was really tingly and soar , doctors coulnt find anything i was convinced i had something !

5 months later i still have this burning tingling sensation on and off its horrible !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.