Sore next to vagina -- what can it be? (with pic)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have some kind of lesion on the right side of my vagina. It doesn't hurt or itch. Don't think it's an STD. Cannot find similar pictures online. Can anyone identify this? I attached a pic and tried to make it not graphic by focusing in on the sore.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Since you remove the hair in that area, it could be a ingrown hair? They can look like a whitehead or a hard bump which isn't usually itchy just a bump you happen to feel and does feel better once it's popped. Be careful whatever you do.

Did you try putting a very hot cloth on it to see if you can get the pore to open? If you don't have someone who can get a really good look and help to see if it will pop or ooze, it's not a bad idea to see your gyn. Have you googled different kinds of questions to see if any match what you're experiencing? Doesn't look sore but it is inflamed with a white type of infection/ingrown something look in the center. You can also google "natural drawing salves"? 

• Posted

Hello Laney, thanks for the reply. It doesn't quite look like an ingrown hair. It doesn't have a whitehead or look like a pimple, either, so there's nothing there to pop / ooze. It looks like a scrape about the size of a kidney bean. I have googled certain things like "sore next to vagina", "vagina lesions", etc, but all I can find are pictures of herpes and it's definitely not that. I'm at a loss. 

• Posted

I had one of those and that s**t hurts, so I understand the pain.. it's probably a "boil", just keep it clean and wash is thoroughly. I had it for about a week and it popped after my 5th shower lol.

Nothing to worry about it, like I said just keep it clean and it should go away.

• Posted

I hope it is nothing serious and it' gone by now!

I'm sorry I didn't have any answers just lots of "could be's"...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.