Sore shins and muscles?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone have sore shins and or muscles? Mt gp does not know what is causing it and my rheumy dismisses it? Has been 4 years and no explanations.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes!  Curious to hear what others say!

i have an appointment with my GP next week for my neck and jaw. Been getting headaches weekly from those areas, and they are not migraines (know those well unfortunately).

My lower back has also been bothering me regularly the last two weeks.  I don't know if it is the RA in my hips, or something else. 

• Posted

Hi Heather, I don't have RA but I have taken some of the drugs that you have to take & the drug that caused me most problems, was MTX [Methotrexate]  I took it for 20 months but stopped it eventually because of joint pains.

I wonder whether you are on MTX?

• Posted

I was on MTX 2 years ago, but this started 4 years ago. Thought it would go away once I stopped standing at work. Now I don't work and its still there. Nothing shows on X-rays, ultra sound, bone scan.

Really would like to get answers.

• Posted

Hi, yeah I have sore shins and they itch and burn when I'm in bed. Like you no one knows or seems bothered

• Posted

Mine don't itch, burn if I stand too much. I have tried magnesium for muscles, it helps with restless leg syndrom and muscle pain for some but the tenderness is the worst part for me.

• Posted

Are you taking any other drugs Heather?

I had the pain with MTX, Alendronic Acid & Atorvastatin, all at different times but in recent years.

You mention RLS,  I have that too but it is always drug induced.  The drugs that set it off for me, are:

Hydroxyzine - antihistamine - I no longer need to take that

Omeprazole

Ranitidine

I alternate the Omeprazole & Ranitidine, when the RLS starts, I stop whatever I am taking & take the other one.  I have to take a ppi or similar because of the other drugs I have to take.

My Dermatologist thought that my pains were caused by Prednisolone, which doesn't appear to be the case with me.

• Posted

I take Humira and Tylenol with Advil for flare ups. But 3 weeks ago I drove 1 1/2 hours to my dads wedding and back the next day. Since then I have been in increasing pain in my shoulder joints and surrounding area. It seems to have eased off in the last 2 days. Tylenol works against my antidepressant and Advil gives me hearburn. I see my Rheumy tomorrow and don't know what to expect. They are not the warmest of creatures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.