Sore Sub-mandibulare Joints

Posted , 3 users are following.

At present, my most painful point are my Sub-Mandibular joints, with a Creaking noise whenever I open my mouth....even talking is painful, let alone trying to eat/drink.  I have had minor bouts before, and always have trouble opening my mouth for the dentist....he ordered x-rays about 5 years ago, which told me I had some degeneration of joint...but  have never had the symptoms as bad as I have been experiencing over the last few weeks....Very Sore to the point that I actually cried this morning...have tried everything...Hotpacks/Coldpacks..Rubbing in of Menthol/decorub...extra pain relief ( Ponstan which I know to be good for Dental Pain)..you name it, I've tried it...If I could have got a Hydrocortisone Injection this am, I would have jumped at it....Does any body else have this issue, and any advice from your experience/s?  All would be appreciated....Bron

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When you cannot help but cry out and moan and groan and gasp and the tears come in utter despair of relief I know that it it agony. Were it any worse you would pass out. Ordinary pain killers do not touch it. First level prescribed painkillers were no better. I wish I could offer more than sympathy and the belief that your pain is beyond bearing.
    • Posted

Thankyou...I can get through..just got to me this am..have decided to go to dentist first (ensure it is submandibular) and hopefully he can get / give me an hydrocirtisone injection into both sides,,,otherwise I will ring rhuematologist and see if she can help me....ta again  Bron  (I gues I just used this site for a whinge)
    • Posted

We are all here for comfort and support too. I need that from time to time as much as any one. So winge on my shoulder whenever , but. It is more than a winge I am sure. Bless you Bronwyn's.
  • Posted

Oh bless you. No advice I am afraid but sending you lots of love and hoping you manage to find some help. Stay positive. A positive mind helps me so much. X x X
  • Posted

thankyou to both lovely replies..very much appreciated...Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.