Sore throat and cough

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been coughing for a few days with a very sore throat. Back pain. My throat hurts when I swallow. Has anyone had this issue, and have you solved it

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have had this. I would suggest that you see your doctor. If you have a cough for over a week, you should get your doctor to examine you.ll
    • Posted

What was your diagnosis. I am trying to sleep the cough is keeping me awake.
    • Posted

There are lots of reasons for a persistent cough - asthma, a chest infection, are the obvious ones.

Please go and see your doctor, for a diagnosis, especially if you smoke.

• Posted

if you have only had it for a few days this is quite normal. treat it by taking throat lozengers or gargle with soluble aspirin. It typically goes away within a week, 
    • Posted

Yes the cough has only been for 3 days, but the overall feeling of being I'll is overbearing. My throat hurt, now it only hurts on one side. Strange

• Posted

It isn't strange to have it on one side because you have tonsils on each side adn only one may be infected. Just go to the doctor and find out.

• Posted

I have gerd and had an extremely sore throat from reflux after stopping the PPI meds. I didn't realize you had to wean off of them and thought that since I'd only been on them for about 6 weeks that it was ok to just stop. Boy was I wrong!!

I read that when you have reflux the pepsin from your stomach can remain in your esophagus and throat. Every time you eat or drink something acidic it can activate the pepsin which isn't supposed to be in your throat. I also read that alkaline water kills pepsin so I bought some and also followed a diet for gerd and reflux. My sore throat was gone a few days after drinking that water. The water needs to be around 8 and up on the alkaline scale. Mine was 9-10. You must change your diet until your throat heals too. 

You should see a doctor to make sure you have gerd or reflux going on if you aren't sure your sore throat and cough are from that. 

• Posted

I ran out of alkaline water. I've been too sick to go get some. I'll make it out today to get some. Thank you

• Posted

Welcome to the world of being ill. Sounds like a sore throats, it should clear within a week. I often get  A cough for 9 weeks after a sore throat. It's a pain but eventually it stops. Keep drinking and I use chewing gum to stop the throats going dry. Sucking ice cubes is a trick a surgeon told me once. 

• Posted

Wow, the sore throat came first, now this cough. I can't lay down, the cough starts right away.

• Posted

It's like this cough just won't go away. Can't shake it

• Posted

None of us can diagnose what is wrong with you online, my dear.

Please just go to a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.