Sore throat for 6 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had sore throat for six mons. Dr had me take an EGD.  Found out I have sores on my esophagus. Was prescribed acid reflux meds.  I still have the sore throat problem.  Is it from the esophagus problem? The constant sore throat is driving me crazy. It never goes away.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I saw something online the other day that said acid reflux can be as bad as to involve your tonsils/throat, so it sounds like it could be possible!
  • Posted

I think I have something similar to this, I have had throat problems for about 2 years. It started as a lump in my throat, I had a panendoscopy and a barium swallow test which showed nothing but reflux and scarring. They prescribed omeprazole 20th twice a day and my symptoms went. Three months ago started with a sore throat just on the right side which won't go away - given my history and results from previous tests I feel this sore throat is reflux related.

Is your sore throat just on one side or all over? I had my meds changed two weeks ago but still the pain is the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.