sore throat for one year now

Posted , 111 users are following.

Had one year of sore thoart or inflammed throat. I did go to gps. Specilalusts, had nose operation, scope done to see throat clearly,, nothing , didnt help at all. Many antibiotic courses, remedies, liquids to wash throat. No sign of improvement. I m tired of it.

Doctors suspected gerd, though my stomach doesnt burn, i have taken medics for two months but no help again .Morning time its worse , have to clear everyday . Its gets better until night time slowly. Then again next morning, it get worse. This is continously for one year now .

Please if anyone knows it happened to them also. Please share it.

Thanks

Fata

10 likes, 202 replies

202 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hey fata and all sore throaters,

I used to experience same symptoms,

but only when I wake up,

I got remedy.

coat your throat with oil before you go to bed.

But anyone please tell me is it considered healthy?

Some oil coating you throat overnight!

Does it cause any harm?

I try as much as possible to keep it away from tooth.

Any other complications regarding oral health?

Should I continue?

• Posted

It may be tonsill infection, they may last for many years span ...and get sore when there is change in diet
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you've been suffering so long. I've had my sore throat since the beginning of October 2014. One of the key things that seems to help reduce the soreness and pain is to take all milk products out of your diet. Also, I've found that not eating things with lots of sugar helps as well. After going to 2 urgent cares, and being given Augmentin for 10 days, then Azithromycin for 5 days and neither killed the virus I decided to use the over the counter stuff. It was the usual Tylenol, Advil, and Aleve but again they're only temporary relievers. Finally, I decided to go all natural using Epsom Salt. I mix about 2 tablespoons in a 8 oz. cup with hot tap water filled to the top. When it's completely dissolved I rinse with it up to the last 1/4 of a cup in which I drink (Warning: Very Bitter and of course ask you doctor if it's okay to have) I do this before going to sleep at night which seems to be reducing the soreness. It's also a natural detox which is what you need. Eating dill pickles or pickled beets will help to naturally purify and clean your blood stream and they taste good too. Also, I've been taking 1 multivitamin, 2 vitamin D suppl (600 I.U. each), 3 vitamin E suppl (400 I.U. each), and 2 vitamin C (500 mg each) daily. I also drink ice water all day while at work and keep honey throat lozenges on hand along with Cepacol lozenges. I've been doing this religiously and it seems to be helping. It hasn't completely gone away yet, but I am starting to feel better. Hope this helps!
  • Posted

Hi everyone, I've also been having a sore throat for months but not every day.  I wonder where everyone is located maybe it has to do with the climate where we live or something.  I live in US Alabama Fayette.  Its normally pretty warm here and 100% humidity in the summer.  It's winter now and not cold.  I've been waking up with sore throats for what I've decided is no reason.  I'm the only one here too.  It's been so bad that it's given me ear aches and probably caused one or two migraines. Its also weird but I maybe wrong are there any men with this problem I can't tell with some of your user names. 😨 holly
    • Posted

To me it seems like you have lpr. A form of gerd. No heartburn, just soreness,redness and strange sensations,right?
  • Posted

I live in the US as well, the midwest specifically. I am a female, and I too have had sporadic sore throat bouts. However, I did find that as long as I didn't have milk products or too much protein my throat seems fine. It's definitely a virus that refuses to leave. I'm the only one in my family who has it, and so far only one person at work has it. It's strange. Hope all will be well soon for everyone. Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Posted

Hi, I'm very interested to find this thread. I have had my sore throat for over 18months. I'm female living in England  (South ) . I'm a vegan so no dairy and very very careful about what I eat. Mostly fruit and veg. I can't shift it and it's getting worse. I can't really sing much anymore. Will try Epsom salts.... 
    • Posted

Hi. Have you found a solution yet? You might have a very missdiagnosed condition called LPR. No virus,parasite or bacteria in throat. But stomach content which cause swelling. It is a form of GERD and it is missdiagnosed, cause there are no typical symptoms such as heartburn.
    • Posted

Hi! I am from UK East -South! I caught the bug at the end of Summer what kicked off my sinusitis, 2 courses of antibiotics and after 8 weeks was referred to see ENT DOC with Avamys spray to keep me going! The appointment just came across! I'm going to the Hospital on Monday. Don't know what to think.

All my treatment didn't work and gave me an oral thrush which would not go! Of course! Because of the spray it'seems steroid. I stopped using it and I have my inflammation of throat, sinusitis is back and oral thrush.

See what Monday will bring.

Hope I haven't got Cancer. 😢

• Posted

Hey Catherine,

I've had a chronic sore throat for about 1 year now and it has been terrible for me as well as I am a singer and that is basically my only passion in life! The only thing that makes me feel better, allows me to express myself and let my emotions out. I've been to many different doctors who give me medicine to clear my nose and help me breathe better as they believe it is caused by me sleeping with my mouth open because my nose is stuffy, but it isn't that. I don't sleep with my mouth open because it has always dried out my throat so i never could but I have learned to compensate for the lack of oxygen that goes through my nose (broke my nose when I was younger, deviated septum) by breathing from my throat more (don't know if that makes sense). I can't control it now even when my nose isn't stuffy i automatically breathe from m'y throat (with my mouth shut) and I didn't realize before m'y throat started hurting and being sore. Now every time I breathe it's dry ..

I was interested in your post because you sing too.. did you end up finding a solution to get rid of your inflammation?? If you did please let me know!

• Posted

Do you sleep on wedge pillow? If not you probably should. Acid,bile or pepsin might be the cause of your chronic throat inflammation. Have you heard of silent reflux?
    • Posted

Yes I do actually, but I highly doubt it's got anything to do with my acid, I have no gastric/esophageal issues.. Doctors have told me it was my breathing. Like I said, my nose is crooked after it was broken a while back. 

Have you found a way to get rid of your problem? 

• Posted

I havent given my best try cause i still smoke, drink coffe, eat unhealthy, but all this will change soon, i have enough of not being able to do anything, i came to the point called brain fog and i am like a zombie, my only thought in my head is breathing.
    • Posted

Yes I am putting up with slightly raised neck glands (for a month now) and a scratchy throat.  No signs of infection so I'm thinking the worst now,  That is from spending too many hours on Mr Google!  I feel absolutely fine and although I had tonsillitis about a month ago I have got back my energy.  Like so many have said reading these threads makes you realise that there are probably many people in the same position.  I won't comment on your diet but I would ask one question.  Why do you think Epsom Salts will do?

• Posted

Hi Colette . Did your situation resolve. I know its beena while. Wondering cause experiencing similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.