Sore throat for two years now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have dozens of symptoms without any diagnosis .I have many blood tests including hiv all came back negative.my cbc is also normal but I have multiple symptoms.Your feed back will be highly appreciated

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

there are lots of things that can cause a chronic sore throat majority of time stds dont cause any symptoms in the throat it could be non std related like post nasal drip ...acid reflux...dry air ...allergies ..bacterial and viral infections ...of u had a virus or bacterial infection your white cell counts would have been high when u had your complete blood count but if those were normal then there is no infection there if u had hiv your white cell count would be high as your immune system would actively be trying to fight it off which says that the cause if your sore throat is not related to a bacterial or viral infection

• Posted

there would be abnormalities on your cbc

• Posted

I'm pretty sure WBC counts drop with hiv , due to the virus disrupting bone marrow from producing cells. bacterial infections typically cause a spike in WBC while viral infections typically cause a drop.

• Posted

Within the context of HIV, an elevated WBC typically means that your body is actively fighting an infection

By contrast, a low WBC suggests that some disorder, either HIV-related or non-HIV-related, is affecting the bone marrow’s ability to produce white blood cells. When this condition (called cytopenia or leukopenia) occurs, the body is less able to fight infection

• Posted

he has no infection or virus his blood work would be all out of sorts my sons cancer was found during routine blood work because his counts were all abnormal

• Posted

yes u are right 😂 they would be low i didnt check before pressing send

• Posted

First of all thanks for your kind feedback .lots of prayers .No my complete blood count result is normal there is no abnormalities at all.Doctors not take me serious they see my blood reports and giving antidepressant medicine and allergy medicine.

• Posted

it could be allergy related sometimes u can get something called cobblestone throat which causes small lumps on the back wall of the throat associated with post nasal drip and allergies mabe u need to see the doctor again if u feel what u have been given is not helping u

• Posted

but as far as hiv and other stds your blood counts would be abnormal which it is not so therefore they are not causing your sore throat ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.